Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shamelessly steeling Willies idea on 'The Wagon Train' to Insightfest in Madison, I have hijacked the idea to suggest caravanning to the New England meet at Mikes'.

I'm in central PA and noticed 12 potential drivers to join in from west, south, and east of here.

Already got some responses and it's looking like there's 5 'possibles' already.

I pm'd a number of folk including: rayholan, jime, atikovi, wills, freezin4, geocougar, catawalks, galevin, sasha, 06 blue, crxnut2, dsteele713, kly3cyl (attending fest in Madison).

Potential route from my area is I-80, I-81, I-84 to Hartford area, I-384, US-44 (scenic route thru CT), I-395 to Mikes. Route could be modified to accommodate.

Should be fun.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I probably will drive from IN but taking the GF and dropping her off in Rochester so she can see family. I take it that the caravan will not be going thru Rochester?

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Galevin, I don't have my list with me at the moment, but there's someone from up that way joining the caravan east of Hartford. I think he's running I-90 then dropping down into the Hartford area. I'll get the list in the morning and find out. We'll be heading east out of Hartford on I-384 and US 44 (scenic route across CT).

Edit: Found him in my pm file: WillS.

Edit, edit: maybe you 2 could meet up and ride I-90 together ?

·
Super Moderator
4,785 Posts
Is the caravan going to arrive on Thursday or sometime on Friday? I don't have an itinerary, but we'll be driving up the east coast from Orlando.

Sam

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looking at Friday travel to arrive Friday. You comin' up I-95 ? Maybe you could go up past New Haven, CT to Hartford area and join in for the scenic road on US-44 ? I'll look up the meet spot east of Hartford and reply back shortly.

I know it's more direct to stay on 95 then hit 395.

Would enjoy adding another Insight to the caravan.

edit: I think Geocougar is leaving out of NW Jersey, may / may not fit into your route plan.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like 5 for sure, 1 strong maybe, and 2 more interested. I have pm'd the specific meet up areas. I'll provide updates as we get closer to travel day, which for the one day drivers is Friday August 15th. Timing will be interesting.

Mountain driver
WillS
Geocougar
Freezin4
Dsteele

Rayholan (strong maybe)
Galevin (interested ?)
Rainsux (interested ?)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bump. Any more ? A nice rural ride through eastern CT.
I'd love to come. My Family is half in Pittsburgh and Half in Vermont/Conneticut. Unfortunately just like the Midwest meet when I was in Germany I will be too busy this weekend. I am bringing my son back to his mothers to start school in Florida that Monday. Maybe I will pass someone on the way as I am leaving Friday for Florida. Have fun!

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
I probably will drive from IN but taking the GF and dropping her off in Rochester so she can see family. I take it that the caravan will not be going thru Rochester?
Can start a mini caravan here.
My schedule is flexible and came meet up anywhere from the Lake to the thruway or just pretty much anywhere.

sending privates now

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just spoke with Sam (rainsux) on the phone. He's in Scranton, PA tonight. Hoping to meet up with him on I-84 or maybe rte 44 in CT.

Dsteele713 is overnighting in PA, will run with me tomorrow. We'll leave about 8 am. Will meet Geocougar on 84 in NY about 1:15 pm or so. Meeting WillS east of Hartford about 3:15 pm or so.

4 cars for sure, maybe 5 if we can match up with Sam's schedule.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up with 3 for the caravan. Dsteele713, Geocougar, and myself. WillS had last minute delays hold him up in Rochester, and with Rainsux only 20 miles ahead of us, Waterbury and Hartford traffic jams prevented us from catching up to him.

Maybe we can get a group together for the fall meet.

3 in my driveway (red and silver are mine, blue is dsteele713's).
3 at an I-84 rest stop in NY. dsteele713's blue, geocougar's citrus, my silver.

Attachments

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
Nice pics Bob. :)

I'm a bit embarrassed to show photos of my place, ATM, with the garage construction going on in a seemingly endless progression. Started out as a re-roofing project and has progressed into what seems the equivalent to a complete rebuild with both construction supplies and dismantled pieces everywhere in the back yard.
I'm currently trying to learn howto repair the disintegrated front corner of the slab, amongst other things. And of course there is the pack issue in the civic I have to try to squeeze into the schedule when time permits.
I was bummed to have missed the meetup in Hartford with you and the others in the caravan and then finally getting to Mikes place at 2am

·
3,641 Posts
Way to organize Bob! That's 50% more Insights than in my caravan. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
153 Posts
That was a real fun weekend, Bob.

It was funny to see people's reactions to our Insight caravan. Some people honked.

On our way to Mike's, I was bringing up the rear on our 3-Insight caravan when we hit traffic. A passenger in a car on our left realized Mountain Driver's silver car going past him was an Insight. He got more excited when Dsteel713's blue Insight went by ("wow, 2 Insights in a row").

Well, his head practically exploded when he saw a citrus following the other 2 :D

I won't be surprised if he acquires an Insight and joins us next year!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts