Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. Last two weeks I just finished adding 4D realistic carbon-fiber vinyl to the silver section of my car's dashboard. The silver section is the lower part of the dashboard that surrounds the climate control box on the right side of the steering wheel, and the mirror and window switches on the left side of the steering wheel. I will be posting pictures up soon of the finished result.

Over all, I am very happy with the idea, but sadly vinyl is subject to temperature changes and it seems no matter how perfect I get it on the workbench, once it's installed in the car and you drive it around for a bit, it's parked out side in the sun, it's parked in the cold garage, the temperature effects the vinyl and eventually it wrinkles out running the overall finish.

The particular vinyl that I got from China eBay is called 4D and it is the most realistic, convincingly real carbon-fiber looking vinyl I've ever seen. When perfectly smooth, you can NOT differentiate it from the real deal. However, once the wrinkles start to show, and areas around complex curves start to peal up, it becomes obvious it's vinyl.

Now, I am not a very skilled person, nor do I have the time with a 40-hour work week. However, if any of you carbon-fiber genius's would care to make a set of carbon-fiber dash pieces, I would love to pay up if not too pricey.

All I'm requesting is two pieces, the left window-mirror switch panel. And the right side climate control panel. I think the overall effect look's really awesome on the Insight, and when you see the pictures you'll know what I mean.

Thank you in advanced! :)

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
RHD and I might be interested!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really Amazing Steering wheel well dome and put together very great materials also and will change up the look of the inside of your car couldn't ask for a better product from anyone else would recommend TTD Craft to answer car lover looking for one I have pictures of the product finished and installed hmu asked questions .
FB/IG @TTD Craft
WEB: TTD Craft Carbon Fiber
Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts