Additional Shipping Charge: $9.99
Tax: $127.44
Total Charges $2,251.42
3yr/36000 warranty from summit, installed last week, all is good

I think its a good price with free shipping and the warrany

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I will never ever ever never ever never ever never ever purchase a Cardone battery.

I had the pleasure of taking in a 14 month old Cardone (3 year warranty) Prius pack as a core. Since the owner didn't purchase the battery, and they couldn't identify the shop that installed the battery, NO WARRANTY FOR YOU!

It is hands down one of the worst build qualities I've ever seen. The modules ("sticks") spanned four different years and they all tested wildly out of balance with each other.

Lastly, the "big guys" personalize their cases... e.g., Dorman orange, Cardone black, etc. Well, as part of Cardone's personalization process, they bead blast the entire battery cover... including the inside... where the foam air seal resides. They completely obliterate it thus rendering the cooling system completely ineffective.

I've helped two poor souls install batteries they purchased themselves, and I confirmed that both lacked the air seal.

Gross incompetence has no place in my book. Even Dorman doesn't pull that sh!t, and their build quality is marginal at best.

·
Banned
1,333 Posts
I'm going to limp my ****ty battery along until one of you guys creates a viable lithium alternative, then I'm going to swap the resistors to make an Insight Si. Can't wait. Hurry up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appear to be new cells, $120 to ship back.
The build quality is fine, sorry with your issue, but i dont know many places that will warranty a part with out receipt or original purchaser.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the cardone battery I got last year failed, in july. did all the warranty return approvals and got approved for a replacement. however they didn't have a new one to send, and today they still have no date, called summit racing and they sent me a dorman replacement, even though it was $500 more for no additional money (they are good for customer service!!). Put the new one in before the snowstorm sunday. Here are the pics of the cardone with mixed colored cells and the dorman with one color
battery1cardone.jpg
battery1dorman.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
So Dorman is now using orange sticks?? That is going to confuse my logic. (The original Panasonic/Primeearth were orange.)

·
Banned
1,333 Posts
Where's the drop in lithium pack....

This is off-topic and inappropriate for this thread. If you would like to discuss, or even work to help design, a drop in lithium pack, do it elsewhere.

Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator

1 - 12 of 12 Posts