Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carlisle, PA 20-22 May 2016 Import/Performance Show & Swap Meet

What more perfect time than in the wake of Blizzard Jonas to start planning an awesome spring get together.
This is a perennial favorite, and last year there was a beautiful citrus in the Honda rows that was WAY too lonely. (It was a low mileage, one owner car out of Jersey, but I digress.) So we started to talk about having a bunch of Insights there next time.
This used to be called Import & Kit Car show, and usually draws clubs such as Volvo, Citröen, Abarth, Austin, Triumph and many others, along with cool Cobras, Dune Buggies etc, etc, etc. There were some really nice classic Japanese cars there over the past few years.
Maybe bring your extra parts to swap/sell to others.
Some folks camp out in the rows, some get B&B rooms in nearby villages.
This year's event is
Carlisle Import and Performance Nationals
I know this is on Ati's schedule already...anyone else coming? We could plan a Saturday night dinner, or a Sunday brunch together.

This pic is from last year's meet:

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
That sounds like something I might be able to make this year. Could trailer Dogbite to my friend's place in Mt Airy and drive rest of way. Show off my new poster!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be great! We will make it a TAILGATE PARTY!

Mountain Driver is almost local to Carlisle, and CRXNUT2 is close as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would love to attend this - but I'm afraid my car would drag down the overall quality level in the Insight row! But you know what they say - whatever club would have me ... :)

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
What more perfect time than in the wake of Blizzard Jonas to start planning an awesome spring get together.
This is a perennial favorite, and last year there was a beautiful citrus in the Honda rows that was WAY too lonely. (It was a low mileage, one owner car out of Jersey, but I digress.) So we started to talk about having a bunch of Insights there next time.
This used to be called Import & Kit Car show, and usually draws clubs such as Volvo, Citröen, Abarth, Austin, Triumph and many others, along with cool Cobras, Dune Buggies etc, etc, etc. There were some really nice classic Japanese cars there over the past few years.
Maybe bring your extra parts to swap/sell to others.
Some folks camp out in the rows, some get B&B rooms in nearby villages.
This year's event is
I know this is on Ati's schedule already...anyone else coming? We could plan a Saturday night dinner, or a Sunday brunch together.

This pic is from last year's meet:
Liking this. Only 4 hrs. drive. I'm in.

Ray

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Picking up my first insight tommorrow

Liking this. Only 4 hrs. drive. I'm in.

From Maryland and attend several shows a year. I just saved a 2001 insight from the junk yard for 500 bucks. Looking here for help on fixing a few issues and would be great time to meet a few members there, maybe get some help installing a grid charger if i pick one up by then.

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
. Live in Maryland and go to carslile every year for spring show,love to meet the group and learn some tricks,saving a 2001 insight from the junk yard for 500.00 bucks with the p 1568 code on it,high miles at 260.000 but it's a 5 speed runs good ,been reading up on forum for help,you guys are great,looks like grounds are first,then battery,12 volt,then thinking battery charger,going to pull fuse 15'16'18 first put 40 amp 15 fuse back in after rev,s 3500 rpm,s first,but I couldn't get I ma light and 12 volt,check engine lite to stay off long enough to do it.any help be great.u
Sorry. This doesn't make sense. And nobody is going to see it hidden off topic in this thread. Try starting a new thread under Problems and Troubleshooting. Then organize your thoughts and use complete sentences with proper punctuation and capitalization. We need to be able to understand what you are asking. Or do a search for your error code. This has probably already been answered.

Sam

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to attend this - but I'm afraid my car would drag down the overall quality level in the Insight row! But you know what they say - whatever club would have me ... :)
Oh you must come! Don't worry: any Insight will do and will be most welcomed. Besides, all Insights will pale in comparison with JimE's DogBite. :)

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Live in Maryland and go to carslile every year for spring show,love to meet the group and learn some tricks.
Great! Looking forward to meeting you. Also keep an eye out for other meets such as our Lincoln Tech Maintenance Day in Columbia. Excellent opportunity to wrench on the cars.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
This year's event is
I know this is on Ati's schedule already...anyone else coming?
Don't be mislead when you see this:

May 20-22, 2016
Adult Admission: Daily Fri.- Sat. $10 / Sun $7 / Event Pass $15
Gate Times: Thu.-Sat. 7am-6pm , Sun. 7am-3pm

Remember, that's just for walk in spectators. The car entry fee is $40 with a 10% discount for early registration: https://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23

Not cheap as car shows go but a lot more things to do, see and buy.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point. I've only ever just walked in and never shown a car.
But still, $36 is not all that bad for a bucket list item. :) it's still much cheaper thank going to see a ballgame.
Hoping to have some Canadian friends come down as well.
I've reached out to David (of "-Kentucky Insights") and discussed him bringing/delivering parts for attendees. He is thinking about it.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Columbia event was a tech meet, not a show. We had partnered with the Lincoln Tech College and they allowed us to use their auto shop. Great event! We will put out info for the next one planned when we get closer to deciding on a date.
But the used parts at these meetups is whatever owners decide to tote and sell...and most owners do not come to the meets to sell parts. Grid chargers are sold by HybridRevolt, HybridAutomotive, Chris22104, and a few others, but I have never seen one for sale at our meets.
However, we usually have a few on display so you can see what the chargers look like.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wait, you're in Severna Park? I thought I had the only Insight for miles. I've seen a red one on 97 a few times, but that's it.

Gotta look up Carlisle, PA, now and see where that is.

- Will

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is about an hour and a half drive up past Frederick, MD.
BEAUTIFUL DRIVE through apple orchards approaching Carlisle, PA from East after getting off 15 North!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Carlisle, PA 20-22 May 2016 Import/Performance Show & Swap Meet

Here are some pics of the sorrounding area:

Downtown Carlisle. Volvo crowd at B&B.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts