Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has happened twice now. The Apple CarPlay interface just stops recognizing that the phone is plugged in. The phone still charges and connects to BT as any other phone would but no recognition from the head unit. I have done all troubleshooting with the phone and head unit and swapped out cables and have determined it to be the internal software. The last time this happened a factory reset of the head unit fixed the issue but I’m trying to avoid that this time. Has anyone else had this issue and what was your solution? Incessantly, this same problem occurred in my 2016 Ford Focus as well so there is clearly an issue with some vehicles internal software corrupting itself eventually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cable issue I can understand. But loosing the interface altogether requiring a hear reset to regain the interface almost for sure points to a software issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same issue with my Insight and my iPhone 8 - going into settings and resetting the phone solved the issue for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been having issues with Android Auto not having any sound occasionally. My only resolution is to turn off the vehicle completely and then restart. I know I need to get that darn recall done before I can complain to Honda about it. I've swapped my cable out too just to make sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So this has happened twice now. The Apple CarPlay interface just stops recognizing that the phone is plugged in. The phone still charges and connects to BT as any other phone would but no recognition from the head unit. I have done all troubleshooting with the phone and head unit and swapped out cables and have determined it to be the internal software. The last time this happened a factory reset of the head unit fixed the issue but I’m trying to avoid that this time. Has anyone else had this issue and what was your solution? Incessantly, this same problem occurred in my 2016 Ford Focus as well so there is clearly an issue with some vehicles internal software corrupting itself eventually.
Thanks for sharing your experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts