Honda Insight Forum banner

Cars for sale CraigsList etc

Tags
$500 5-speed
176K views 607 replies 161 participants last post by  NEG1 
#1 · (Edited)
This designated Cars for sale Craigslist thread will be stickied at the top of the Buy/Sell Forum.

All cars not owned by members but found on Craigslist or similiar are to be posted in this new thread (minus contact details) but with a link etc as appropriate.

Additional threads started for cars on Craigslist etc will be deleted, you must post the details in this designated thread.

Members are asked to delete post and threads for cars they posted about that they know are no longer available.

Members may start new threads for their own vehicles being offered for sale.

#2 ·
2002 Honda Insight 96k mi Blue $4000 (Cincinnati, OH)

Seems like a nice sub 100k mi car for a decent price especially if you are in the area. Especially like the comment, "With grid charging, the IMA battery can last indefinitely." Guess his grid charger must be made by God. Other than that, seems like a nice car:

2002 Honda Insight: 75mpg

I am selling my 2002 Honda Insight, in order to buy another toy. The price is $4000 firm and is based on the Kelley blue book value. The car is in good shape, inside and out. I have installed a grid charger to the IMA battery, because the IMA battery could be replaced. I currently grid charge overnight once a month. With grid charging, the IMA battery can last indefinitely. However, you could choose to replace.

I am the 2nd owner. Here are the things I have done since owning:
-New spark plugs
-New engine and cabin air filters
-New brake pads and rotors
-New tires
-Transmission flush
-Coolant flush
-Installed Hybrid Automotive Grid Charger

The car really does get up to 75mpg from summer through fall. However, the mpg drops to 48mpg in the winter.

#551 ·
2002 Honda Insight 96k mi Blue $4000 (Cincinnati, OH)

Seems like a nice sub 100k mi car for a decent price especially if you are in the area. Especially like the comment, "With grid charging, the IMA battery can last indefinitely." Guess his grid charger must be made by God. Other than that, seems like a nice car:

2002 Honda Insight: 75mpg

I am selling my 2002 Honda Insight, in order to buy another toy. The price is $4000 firm and is based on the Kelley blue book value. The car is in good shape, inside and out. I have installed a grid charger to the IMA battery, because the IMA battery could be replaced. I currently grid charge overnight once a month. With grid charging, the IMA battery can last indefinitely. However, you could choose to replace.

I am the 2nd owner. Here are the things I have done since owning:
-New spark plugs
-New engine and cabin air filters
-New brake pads and rotors
-New tires
-Transmission flush
-Coolant flush
-Installed Hybrid Automotive Grid Charger

The car really does get up to 75mpg from summer through fall. However, the mpg drops to 48mpg in the winter.
Is the car still for sale? Is it a manual or CVT tranny

#4 ·
Move of CL Discussion

The discussion of Craigs List options has been moved to the polls section. Do not post further such discussion in this thread as that would be off the thread subject.

#5 ·
2001 MT 63k mi $3300 Ft. Wayne, IN Scam Alert

2001 Honda Insight

I talked to the owner and he said the title stated it was "exempt from mi". He bought it at an auction 2 weeks ago and said that he feels the 63k mi are original. Carfax says the odometer has been reset twice and according to my calculations this car has closer to 300k mi rather than 63k mi. Carfax says, "Branded Title: Not actual mileage." Seller will take $3k. This deal now turns out to be rather bland vs the killer deal it appears to be so I'm passing.
Gerald

#6 · (Edited)
The seller indicated a 1.3l engine. Got to see this one.
AFAIK, the lifetime miles cannot be reset without replacing the "cluster".
You can reset the LMPG.
Willie

#7 · (Edited)
Maybe the cluster was replaced twice. Here is the problem area on the carfax:

01/11/2008 80,225 mi Prime Honda Saco
Saco, ME
driveprime.com Recommended maintenance performed
Oil and filter changed
Battery replaced
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Two tires mounted and balanced
Four wheel alignment performed

05/27/2008 13,607 mi Prime Honda Saco
Saco, ME
driveprime.com Recommended maintenance performed
Brake light bulb(s) replaced
POTENTIAL ODOMETER ROLLBACK

And then another problem on the carfax:

10/28/2013 152,000 mi Ganley Pontiac Honda
North Olmsted, OH
ganleyhonda.com Oil and filter changed

12/05/2013 63,599 mi Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
MILEAGE INCONSISTENCY

Assuming the clusters were replaced twice this car does not have 300k mi on it but definitely more than the 63k stated on CL. Willy, thanks for the info.
Gerald

#10 ·
I know. It's sad. I enjoyed seeing those.

Sam

#13 ·
I think this is terrible. It seemed much easier to just say "not mine" or "found it." But then again, I am not the kind of person who posts their personal information on the web, to be stored and available for everyone lol, like many of the advertisers.

#15 ·
#17 ·
90k and a new hybrid battery, it almost sounds too good to be true at 3500

#18 · (Edited)
I think its because its a CVT. I was getting offers of 3-4k when I was selling my 01 cvt with 70k miles last year. Finally sold it for $4k after having it listed for half a month. I think people are generally scared of Honda cvts because of all the damaged cvt transmissions we keep hearing about. Yes there are some which lasted more than 200k, but lots seem to go early.

#23 · (Edited)
2001 Honda Insight 32k mi $2300 (Los Osos)

Not mine. Proceed with caution as this price is very low for such a low mile car. If it wasn't a million miles away, I would pursue the purchase of this car but tired of being a major supporter of Montway Auto Transport. Wont last long if its real:

2001 Honda Insight

BTW placing all craigslist cars in one thread is a really really bad idea. I thought we had a vote to place these elsewhere where there would be a thread per car? This "deal" is hidden unless you really look for it. Is that what you want?

#26 ·
Not mine. Proceed with caution as this price is very low for such a low mile car. If it wasn't a million miles away, I would pursue the purchase of this car but tired of being a major supporter of Montway Auto Transport. Wont last long if its real:

2001 Honda Insight

BTW placing all craigslist cars in one thread is a really really bad idea. I thought we had a vote to place these elsewhere where there would be a thread per car? This "deal" is hidden unless you really look for it. Is that what you want?
its a real ad, just not the real price unfortunately. I am trying to get it tho.

#24 ·
Nice looking car, best as I can tell from the low resolution photo. But, as you say, the add looks a bit fishy (phone contact only). I'd only be interested on a face-to-face basis and the car in completely cross country from me.

Just as a reference, what sort of problems, if any, have you had buying on Craigs without personal inspection? Even Craig's advises against the practice:(

#25 ·
Jim,
I've been very pleased so far with my purchases of craigslist cars. Even though most (all but 2) of my Insight purchases are by phone, I can't remember one car where the seller just outright lied to me. Some are better than represented and some are worse. But its no biggie to me. Not like its my life savings going into a primary driver. My last 50 commercial building purchases (post offices) were also by phone. I won't drive over an hour to look at a car or building. I don't have time for it and I've never been lied to yet. Works for me.
Gerald

#29 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.