Honda Insight Forum banner

441 - 460 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hay guys, not to worry. I am 74 years young and appreciate your feedback.
Are you the gentleman that I spoke to concerning your red Insight for sale? I really loved that car and if I had the cash I most likely would have offered you less but I'm sure it was worth five. That said I found a blue one with 116k miles for 1100. I will put a bit of work in it but tires, hatch struts and battery and maybe even new carpet and seats eventually with lithium battery conversion. I guess if you're willing to spend a little time and love with the car you can get it to where you want it but peace of mind just buying a clean car to start out with and nothing to do to it but turn a key? To me that is priceless.

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Yeah, IMA is almost exactly 4 years old. Being a CVT and with grid charging might get a couple of more years or more out of a Honda replacement. On the other hand, maybe the IMA light has already winked;)

Looks like a beautiful car and truly low mileage relative to most Insights in the market.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Plain speculations....car is in excellent condition and a joy to drive....i dont expect anything to fail in the near future...IMA light has never come on and I have had NO issues....

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Nothing has winked....I wouldn't sell it with a problem....sounds like you would 😉
No I wouldn't either, but lots of folks have. You should expect questions particularly about the battery at 4 years old. I do think it is a very nice car and wish you good luck with it. The price seems fair to me.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not too bad....but we never get any snow, schools closed etc.
We might have gotten 4 or 5 inches, lot more some 20 miles north!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not Craigslist, but I couldn't find a dedicated thread for Facebook Marketplace.

2002 blue Insight, 300K miles:

Good winter project for Someone want to do a K series swap it was my daily I stop of using it 8 month ago the car ran good the IMA battery its no in the best condition. At the moment the car it’s not starting due the IMA battery been no charge. The car look good all the way around no rust since the entire car its aluminum my intention with this car was do a swap but drove it for over a year back-and-forth to work them stop it since I have 4 other car and took of of the road didn’t want to keep paying for insurance. Here it’s your chance to get your hand on this clean insight and do a nice K series swap and be a nice sleeper on the st. $600 come get it will need to tow it the car it’s not starting at the moment due the IMA battery. The car has cold air ac and its a 5 speed already. !!!!!!!Please if u don’t have the $ to buy don’t bother asking if still available!!!!!!! Less
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/471586770037103

Notable info bolded by me. Looks like it just sat for 8 months and needs a grid charge. But $600 for a blue Insight (blue is the best Gen 1 Insight color, just sayin' :D), manual transmission, with a potentially working battery, is pretty much the cheapest Insight I've seen outside a faded red $400 one in Texas with IMA light and engine knock.

Does it come with the dog? :D

I have an Insight but I still like window shopping. I have a whole page of saved Insights for sale online. Anybody looking for an Insight? :D

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,677 Posts
I believe that vehicle was referenced a few days ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
And again a few days before that.

Sam

441 - 460 of 490 Posts
About this Discussion
489 Replies
120 Participants
Natalya
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing