Honda Insight Forum banner

461 - 480 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Should i buy this?

Owner selling a 2006 with 214K miles, says he replaced the master cylinder, put in a bumblebee battery with some warranty left, new tires, serpentine belt, brakes, shocks and 12v.

He wants 4K for the car.

Seems like a good deal but concerned buying a car with over 200K miles for that much.

Thoughts??

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Selling california 2000 insight

2000 Honda Insight, Red, 5spd, about 206k
Asking 2100$
Sacramento, California
IMA Battery age unknown, and condition needs replacement
Transmission condition good
No DTC codes showing
interior and exterior condition fair

CRAIGSLIST AD:
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/sacramento-2000-honda-insight-5-speed/6790431271.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
"like new" :)

very low miles though!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Blue 2002 CVT with 45,894 mi on Long Island has a Copart auction date of April 17. Looks good but dirty inside, needs grid charge at minimum, 33.3 lifetime MPG
VIN: JHMZE147X2T001341
It looks like it was stored since 2010 and last serviced 3000 miles ago in 2010. Probably sat for the last 8 years.
paint looks good. I think its a good purchase. "Buy It Now" for $700 + fees of $545 = $1245. I've seen these go for super low like $250. I think this one might auction off at $300-$500 if you all don't bid against each other. Net cost would be $655 for a $300 bid, $915 for a $500 bid. Plus towing charges.

https://www.copart.com/lot/30615329

I HATE to see a seemingly good car go to the scrapper unnecessarily. I hope someone here buys it.

Does anyone in this group live on Long Island? The car is in Brookhaven, NY.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Blue 2002 CVT with 45,894 mi on Long Island has a Copart auction date of April 17. Looks good but dirty inside, needs grid charge at minimum, 33.3 lifetime MPG
VIN: JHMZE147X2T001341
It looks like it was stored since 2010 and last serviced 3000 miles ago in 2010. Probably sat for the last 8 years.
paint looks good. I think its a good purchase. "Buy It Now" for $700 + fees of $545 = $1245. I've seen these go for super low like $250. I think this one might auction off at $300-$500 if you all don't bid against each other. Net cost would be $655 for a $300 bid, $915 for a $500 bid. Plus towing charges.

https://www.copart.com/lot/30615329

I HATE to see a seemingly good car go to the scrapper unnecessarily. I hope someone here buys it.

Does anyone in this group live on Long Island? The car is in Brookhaven, NY.
SOLD: $375 (pending approval) = $730 with fees. Great deal for someone in Massachusetts.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If the person that buys your Insight doesn't need the Blue ox mount, at the right price I would be interested.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I have to sell my Citrus Insights. My daily driver, first registered 1 March 2001, VIN JHMZE1350YT000068.
It has the mysterious OBD issue of engine data being fine, IMA data wrong. Nearly 200k miles, but bodily in very good shape, and very original.
I *love* driving the car, but I'm emigrating to a LHD part of the world (France), so will have to look for a LHD car, or perhaps import one from the US, I guess.
I also have a front-damaged car, from which I've taken the gearbox and a few bits (the car's original gearbox had a noisy Input-shaft bearing – not difficult to replace. (I still have the gearbox).
I also have some leather seats for the car. They are beautifully made, but I don't know whether they are original option or just a beautifully-done recover.
Need to go pretty soon –I leave on the 30th, so they have to go before then.
I'm in the UK, North Devon. Obviously the car is no problem to collect, but the wreck, while it has no front suspension etc. can only be moved on a trailer. It had about 80k miles, I think.
Any suggestions about where I shoulld post more details of them?
Best regards, Tony.

·
Administrator
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #474 (Edited)
UK Insight facebook group..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/InsightOwners/

Does the wrecked one still have the engine and IMA battery/system in it?

I also suggest advertise on e-bay/auto trader and post on this forum in the buy sell section.

Post plenty of decent pictures of everything and the prices you want.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts

·
Administrator
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #477 (Edited)
Meanwhile I've put the car up on Craig's list for Devon and Cornwall.
For maximum exposure to sell a car e-bay is best by a mile, I don't use Craigslist so certainly would not have seen it on there.

Hope it all goes well. There are very few insights in France.... :(

I have added the CL link here and on FB for you.

461 - 480 of 490 Posts
About this Discussion
489 Replies
120 Participants
Natalya
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing