annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/ann-arbor-2000-honda-insight/6926994514.html

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I came across this on Facebook Marketplace

(this is not my ad all inquiries should be made to the actual seller)

Located in Leitchfield, KY

From the ad "I have 2 2001 Honda Insight, one is a parts car and the other has been my daily driver for the past several years. It runs and drives, not in perfect shape as it has almost 337,000 and still gets 42mpg. Only reason for getting rid of them is because I got a good deal on something a little newer. $500 takes them both and depending on how far you live might could deliver. Pics are only of the daily driver, if interested I can get more of both cars. Need them gone."
LINK HERE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Central FL $500 needs engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I apparently cannot post links, but this is listed in biddeford, maine. Asking 750. If someone can post the link for me I would appreciate it.

Just listed my 2001 Indight, a couple quick positive things that are the main reason I am posting it here as I suspect there would be way more interest. Rostra cruise installed (IIRC used hondabond instead of the included epoxy, so it could be used on another vehicle still), grid charger built, extra transmission and extra set of rims (civic vx, snow tires on them), conplete set extra hybrid battery sticks.

01 model with last 6 being 000111 if that is of any interest

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,589 Posts

If anyone was curious I checked out this car. The exterior is pretty good but this car is f***ed. It's actually a rusted new england car. Engine will not start. The starter works, and it tries to turn over, but there is some massive resistance inside the engine.

There was a veritable nest of decaying acorns in the air box and it was low by 1 quart of oil. Remedying both those situations did not help it crank. The starter could barely turn the engine. Everything in the engine bay was rusted and it is missing 5 of the 7 aero panels.

·
Super Moderator
7,645 Posts
I'm wondering if the 12V was just low. Says new but they self discharge fairly rapidly if not driven frequently. That would also explain no start.

Maybe you jumped it??

Says it ran, but who knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A source for 89+ parted-out, G1 Insights in Toledo, OH

In searching for my first (and last) Insight to buy, I came across this ad on Craigslist for a company that buys, in bulk, G1 Insights for parts. The ad posts the address (3032 South Ave, Toledo OH) but not its company name (B & W Restoration). If you can't find what you need on this forum, this company appears to be a good source for all parts G1.

Since this is my first post on this forum, I'm unable to post a link that may be interpreted as spam.

Instead, to find the ad on Craigslist, go to the internet and copy/paste
"2000-2006 Honda Insight Auto Parts FS! Dismantling 9 Gen1 hybrids".

481 - 500 of 525 Posts