Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 520 of 545 Posts

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
882 Posts
this is a No-reserve Bring-a-trailer auction. Ends in 6 days. 2001 MT w/ new battery $3000

·
Registered
2 Posts
To save you a click it is a 33,000 mile, 5-speed silver 2000 insight listed in Illinois for $6,800. At a dealership.
I have inquired about this car. The Carfax indicates that the car had regular maintenance until 2007, when the record stops. This implies that the car has been sitting idle for 12 years. The dealership has no information about why the car has been idle for so long. In any case, when asked about age-related "leaks or corrosion", the dealership indicated that it is "possibly fixing the transmission".

If I had the patience to address inevitable oil leaks from cracked and dried gaskets, I might be inclined to risk this purchase at a far lower price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm interested in this car (for the right price of course). Has anyone looked at it or driven it? Also, any suggestions for a local shop that has some awareness of these cars to have a PPI done? I live in the Pac NW so not likely to get on a plane w/o some idea of what kind of shape this car is in. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,666 Posts
Save your ticket as the site says SOLD on 12/18/19 for 7500.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Willie but i'm in touch with dealer and i have a depo on it. But i won't buy it w/o some add'l info.

Thanks again Willie!

Tracy

·
Registered
78 Posts

A couple recent ones on the local classifieds.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,666 Posts
ssort:
Did you ever get the vehicle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, couldn’t find anyone to take a look at the car and Illinois. And I was too late for a PPI, dealer had no patience

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope I do this correctly: St Louis area 2001 G1 CVT 136K posted on CL for $950, silver ; had high speed impact that impacted front end and passenger side rear quarter panel and wheel quite a bit. for the miles and price someone might want it just for the battery, drivetrain, seats, etc: I know the road well where the pics were taken so assume the impact took place there - they don't mention where the car is physically located now:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
A cheap parts car or fixer in San Diego, CA. 2000 MT 200K miles asking $500.
Says a new clutch is needed.

Craigslist Post ID# is 7059752866

Sorry, not sure how to directly transfer a link.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,666 Posts
See if this works:

·
Registered
68 Posts

2000 citrus in Simi Valley CA. Looks nice.

·
Registered
373 Posts

2000 citrus in Simi Valley CA. Looks nice.
Is this a big dent on passenger side or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,666 Posts
Looks like a reflection to me.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I think it may be a dent. The bottom of the body seam and rocker panel area looks distorted...

Reactions: jime and Saxjonz

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know dent repair on aluminum must be a different kind of challenge. I’m still kicking myself over the two citrus insight posted in Canada. I should have bought both. 5,000 usd with low miles?! No brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

501 - 520 of 545 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.