Honda Insight Forum banner
561 - 580 of 608 Posts
Found this gem on Craigslist. Looks really clean, low miles. Also, it's red, so that's worth 5 HP right?

But no dash pictures.

Looks super clean!

But if you zoom in the picture 7/12 it's showing a low/bad IMA indicator.
So the IMA battery is tired, which makes sense because it has been replaced in 2018, 4 years ago.

This one won't last long. Heck, I'd fly out myself if I were in the market. Pretty rare example these days. I'd check the compression and away I'd drive, all the way to VA:D

But if you zoom in the picture 7/12 it's showing a low/bad IMA indicator.
So the IMA battery is tired, which makes sense because it has been replaced in 2018, 4 years ago.
I don't see the IMA light? It should be in the bottom right, correct?

Only lights I see are:
Maint. Reqd. = Needs oil change, reset, or bad trip button
SRS Airbag light = Not sure why this is on. Wet seatbelt?
Seatbelt light = Seatbelt isn't fastened
Brake light = Handbrake is on

I don't think the battery would be shot being only four years old as long as the car was driven, right?

I didn't say that the IMA light was ON.
I just said that the battery indicator is low/bad, meaning that the IMA will need to be replaced soon.
Ah, my apologies.

You make a good point. I've had my SoC indicator below 50% fairly often as well, just depends on how much city driving or "racecar-ing" I've been doing. Hard to tell from a static image what the battery health is, but good thing to consider nonetheless.

Welcome to the "elite family". Read a lot here at ICN and most of your problems will be solved. Please include your location in your Profile,

1st gen MT in AZ.
Looks to be a diamond in the rough. Could make a great project for someone who can do a few repairs, replace the broken bits and maybe repaint it.

Thanks! I picked it up over the weekend, has a lot of good stuff on it and it runs good! zero rust on any fuel or break lines. 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
Fixer upper CVT in southern California.

2000 Honda Insight Base
$2,000
220,000 miles
Called and spoke with dealership today and it sounds like transmission is grinding a bit and ima battery is bad but runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

561 - 580 of 608 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.