Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Howdy EC.

I am no expert, but I don't think there is a separate AM "amp" or whatever. My AM works fine without any input other than the antenna.

I have had 2 similar HU's from Sony (actually still have, one is not installed in a car right now, the other I put in the wife's van) and the one downer was that it made these loud beeps after the power was turned off (key turned off).

It goes: "Beedoobeedoobeep....beedoobeedoobeep" and repeats. It is actually pretty loud.

They state in the manual that this is to remind you to remove the faceplate for security purposes :roll: . But there is no way to deactivate it.

It does not, however, send that signal through the amp outputs, so that would be a last resort.

Perhaps they removed that "feature". I hope so.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi,

According to the service manual, the pin 1 is the WHT/GRN wire. And connect to the antenna.

So a white wire with a green stripe.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
652 Posts
For every Sony head unit I have had the 3 beeps could be deactivated in the setup menu (same place to adjust contrast etc). I have a MEX-5DI unit in the insight and it doesn't have a removable faceplate but still can beep so I think it is a typical feature common in all SOny designs. Hope this helps. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hello Rick R,

The setup will allow the beeps that occur with input (volume adjustment, pushing presets, etc.) to be turned off, but the manuals (yes I have more than one) specifically state that the power-off beeps cannot be turned off.

The HU's I have are not the high-end ones, so those may be different. E Co's HU is similar to the ones I have....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Holicow,

Your right on the beep from the head unit. I checked it out today and it does beep after the key is removed and a few seconds delay. Guess I am just too quick out the door to notice it before. Have fun, RIck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts