Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help gang!
The 05 Insight CVT, 97,000 miles I am looking at is throwing 3 CEL codes and I can't seem to pull them up. P0A5E P0A65 P1559 Not being lazy, just can't find them on any of the lists. Thanks, Jerry!

·
Super Moderator
6,883 Posts
POA5E=Motor Current U phase Signal Circuit Low Input
POA65=Motor Currrent W Phase Signal Circuit Low Input
P1559=Motor Commutation Sensor A Circuit Low Input

These are from the Honda Service Manual, which you should have acquired by now if you want to troubleshoot your car;)

The Service manual has troubleshooting steps for each of these faults, which are too multiple and detailed to type, but all 3 codes start with "Reset the MDM." To do that, "Turn the ignition switch off, and remove fuse #18 BACK UP (7.5A) fuse from the under-dash fuse/relay box for 10 seconds.

I'm an MT guy so don't know much about CVTs. This may work or it may leave you with even more codes and the necessity of resetting the Transmission Control Module.

I advise you to download the IMA section of the service manual from the site here.

You want to download the IMA section 12 through page 70, and the transmission section 14-178.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe a CVT owner/expert will check in.

·
Super Moderator
6,883 Posts
I just checked eBay. The manual can be had there in both CD form and hard copy.

BTW, if you edit your profile details to show a location, you may find a fellow owner locally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts