Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ZE1, E34, W140, RN38, Ford P400
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a handy km/miles button to change the speedometer and odometers from miles - silly obsolete arbitrary folk units, that 0.5% of countries still use for some unfathomable reason - to kilometers, based on natural phenomena and used by the other 99.5%. But it has no effect on the equally illogical Fahrenheit numbers on the climate control display. Any way to change that to Celsius?
 

·
Registered
ZE1, E34, W140, RN38, Ford P400
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, browsed through the FSM and searched, found some info for other Hondas, including the 2G Insight, but not the 1G.
 

·
Registered
ZE1, E34, W140, RN38, Ford P400
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I use the air conditioning. Does that matter?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,441 Posts
Yes as I have a couple of faulty UK centigrade units spare.

I believe they have blown aircon compressor relay control transistors on the boards.

They could possibly be fixed if you have had laser eye surgery but i'm not volunteering.

Or you could possibly wire them up and have a manual compressor relay control switch.

If you want one to play with it's £25 + postage.

They work fine apart from failing to control the compressor.
 

·
Registered
ZE1, E34, W140, RN38, Ford P400
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm up to my eyeballs in projects to play with and there's no room for another, or I'd take you up on that. I definitely use the AC; it's been 35-40C all summer, and winters are humid..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,188 Posts
Is there really no way to change the display units? I glanced at the climate control diagnostic procedure I have posted elsewhere and didn't see it mention a method... Hard to believe that would be the case.

Get a Japanese/Australian/British/EU climate control unit.
If my Canadian car is representative, then you could add "Canadian" to this list, its CC displays centigrade.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top