Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a temporary change in commute last week, going to a different office. It meant an 80 mile daily round trip, perhaps 90% motorways and dual carriageways in moderate traffic.

My usual commute is an 18 mile round trip over a big hill. About 50% dual carriageway and 50% 20-40mph local roads.

The change resulted in my best tank to date. 61.5 mpgUK. First time I've ever had a tank beat the NEDC combined figure.

Best tank previously was 59 mpgUK (on holiday). I'd say the traffic made some difference as it often meant driving closer to 60 mph rather than 70 last week.

Best commuting tank previously was about 50 mpgUK. No real change in driving style (other than slight slow down due to volume of traffic). Tyre pressures are stock (with Toyo Proxes CF2 185/55/R16). No mods.

Back to the normal commute now though (although today I've got the wife's Chevvy Aveo - nothing like that to make me appreciate the I2!).

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yup, the longer the better. I find my commute mpg doesnt start to grow til Ive covered 10 miles on a trip.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yup, the longer the better. I find my commute mpg doesnt start to grow til Ive covered 10 miles on a trip.
Yes, Cobb... but that was before you spruced up the juice in your Insight's tank with that BP 93 jet fuel!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts