Honda Insight Forum banner

changes in insight

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Insightful Trekker 
#1 ·
I am thinking about getting a used insight sometime in the near future. I was wondering about any changes that have happend over the years, expecially important ones like battery.

Thanks,
Derek

#2 ·
Hi Derek. Welcome to the forum.

The only variations I know of are body colour, IMA software, air conditioning, radio, and interior cloth. It is essentially unchanged, which is no surprise considering its limited production. :D

#3 ·
Hi Derek and welcome to the forum :!: :)

In addition to Kip's good reply there were changes in the BCM & MCM that were not fully implemented 'til the 03 model year.

Any older Insight that has had the IMA pack replaced by a dealership should also have these newer design parts. And there were a few recalls (not to be consused with a recal(ibrate) (IMA battery reset) ;) ) in the 00 & 01 years.

Since a recall is for the life of the car (initial "fix" only) then they should be of minimal concern. Just make sure they've been / get done :!:

See:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... 7&start=45
(you may also wish to back-up to the first page of this thread and read it in its entirity)

HTH! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.