Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days I've noticed the ASSIST and CHARGE function to be much more active, whereas before you could spend a lot of time in a non show CHARGE or ASSIST mode, it now tends to be showing one or the other all the time unless I'm cruising at steady speed. The gauge is also showing a lot more bars than before e.g. moderate acceleration is enough to bring on almost the full scale - likewise for deceleration with gentle braking. It appears the system has become much more sensitive all of a sudden. Mpg appears to be unaffected and it still drives OK. Total mileage is 52k and the IMA light isn't on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is a pretty good description of what I immediately saw when my battery, BMC and MCM were replaced a while back. Before, 50% boost was about all I ever saw, now I'll get 100% or near to it with less demand at the peddle.

Makes the car a bit zippier, but I'm a bit concerned about using up battery charge when driving on hilly or mountain roads, which I have not attempted yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
increased charge/discharge/assist...

A couple of days ago my battery went down to an almost full discharge, then came back up.

Ever since that recalibration I've noticed the same increased volatility of the charge/assist meter.

I bought my car used a short time ago (70k) so don't know how a brand new one would have operated. Without having any further info nor knowledge about it... (in other words, I know just enough to be dangerous), I'd guess the fast, frequent, furious electrical shifts are actually the better way.

(I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts