Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
1,412 Posts
What do these clips do? Where are they located?

· Registered
1,578 Posts
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum...ish-molding-window-trim-clips.html#post343506
has location link with parts illustration with listing:

see in linked parts diagram in above post:
part # 33, 14 req. @ $2.86USD each.
91503-S3Y-003 # 033 n req=014 CLIP, FR. PILLAR (A) $ 4.15 [honda] / $2.86[maj.]

These hold the plastic molding/garnish along the sides of the roof running from the a-pillar at the hoodline along to the top of the b-pillar. see all clips required

Often if a windshield is replaced, old clips break and water then leaks down to the seat belt. New clips are recommended. Some use sealant effectively.
fwiw: I have to avoid directly spraying the gap on the roof to avoid blasting water into the clip area underneath while washing the roof. Otherwise the few loose clips will leak water into the b-pillar area. Under subzero conditions on one occasion, the reel actually was frozen fast, and required a bit of 'yarding' on it to get it free.

7,264 Posts
Apparently Jim has been keeping these to himself for quite some time. :D

· Registered
76 Posts
I ordered those clips from amazon. They are exactly like oem. They come from japan.

Amazon.com: 10 Honda Rocker Pillars Floor & Exterior Moulding Clips: Automotive
Thanks for the info TalonMike! The Amazon seller is Clips and Fasteners.

You can find many reasonably priced clips and fasteners on this site by typing the Honda part number in to the search entire store field. They have 8 pages of clips listed under Shop by Make - Honda/Acura if you don't know the part number but have a broken clip to compare to a photo/description of a new clip . I've purchased several trunk molding clips from them for the Insight and other clips for different vehicles. Good source with quick shipping.

Slightly cheaper if you go through the direct website. You can also use the coupon code "facebook" for 5% off. My shipped total came to $19.32 for the 10 clips compared to $20.78 through Amazon.

· Premium Member
1,524 Posts
So, I need JUST the clips for the A pillar -- going from the roof down alongside the windshield to the hood -- on just the driver's side. I apologize, but I'm confused. How many clips do I need for just that section? And in the Majestic Honda link provided on the link that AbCaRed00 provided, I can't tell which parts I need. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,
Bryan

· Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Reactions: motherbrain

· Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I noticed how similar the Insight pillar molding is to the Nissan 350z.

It uses a 2 part clip arrangement. One part stays in the body, and the part on the molding. I wonder if those clips can be used on the insight. Probably not any cheaper though. Maybe if they are used in other nissans..

Here are some more pics of the 350z pillar
350z - Album on Imgur

But the 350z pillar has additional mounting holes for securing it better.

· Registered
4,103 Posts

· Registered
8,642 Posts
Kind of 'funny' notes for this product:

"Notes:
1. Please Make Sure That The Old Clips You Need To Replace Are Identical To Those In The Picture S Before You Buy Them.
2. Manual Measuring, Please Allow 1 ~ 5 Mm Error, Thank You.
3. Because The Quantity Is Determined By A Precision Instrument Weighing, Please Allow About 2% Of The Number Error, Please Understand, Thank You!"

Translation?:
'Make sure you measure and they're identical - but the ones you get could be 1-5mm different, and you might get 2% fewer clips (0.02 X 20 clips=4/10 of a clip), because our precision counting methods aren't actually all that precise'??

· Registered
3,903 Posts

· Registered
2,335 Posts
Has anybody bought those? The dimensions are wrong so I don't think they work. This is the cheapest correct ones I've found: https://www.dixied.com/product10651.html Anybody need a few boxes so I can get the 25 box discount?:D
You are right, those clips look like they are for interior moulding and do not look like they for the window/door exterior moulding. They do not appear to have the tabs that open up behind the holes, and thus can pull out, and thus will be cause the strips to potentially come free in a car wash or heavy rain.

If it helps you achieve the 25 box discount, I'll take two boxes. You should see if any other locals want some for a group buy? It would give us an excuse for a winter Insight meet-up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.