Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, please bare with me because I know very basic stuff for cars. My check emissions light came on while I was driving home one day and about 5 minutes later my chainge oil light came on. I checked the gas cap and it was fine and I even reset the light. It stayed off for about a day and a half but the change oil light stayed on. I've already bought all my oil for my car but just haven't had a chance to change it yet. I checked the levels and they are fine and it honestly wasn't that dirty but I'm still going to change it. I'm planning on doing so tomorrow. Anyways, I took it to autozone to get the code and it came up with "no code found" twice. Could the lights be associated with each other or is it just a coincidence that they both turned on at the same time? I've had my change oil light turn on before and wasn't a problem previously. Has any one else had the light come up with no codes?

Just a little Information on my car...When I first bought my used 2012 insight with 74,000 miles, I learned that the previous owner turned it in because he needed the engine rebuilt due to the problems with the oil. I learned this the hard way.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
Also, Honda has extended the warranty on 2012s for oil consumption. Search 2012 Oil Consumption and you'll find several threads on this.

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts