Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vandergriff Honda in Arlington, Texas has posted an 05 Insight with auto transmisson on ebay. After adding some questionable dealer add ons the total price is $24,103.00. The dealer additions are "tire exam caps-$599", "environmental protection package-$995" and the "digishield appearance package A-$275". Anyone have a clue what these are? I sure hope the tire exam caps are not the valve stem caps that monitor tire pressure which you can find on ebay for $20. I've had some experience with this dealership and it was not positive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... eName=WDVW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dealer add ons

I thought is was kind of funny that in the pictures for the wheels there didn't even appear to be any valve caps.
I also thought all the 2005 models had a beige interior, is that not correct?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I couldn't see anything about the $24K list price and add-ons. A little bit concerning that a Honda dealer would describe the car as a four cylinder :roll: but good luck with your bidding atlaw4u! :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Citrus Smoothie said:
A little bit concerning that a Honda dealer would describe the car as a four cylinder :roll:
It also has a tilt steering wheel :roll:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
That's typical dealership rip off tactics if you ask me. That two hundred some dollars for the appearance package can't be much more than a wax they apply, and it can't be anything special. I hear most deapership applied "sealants" are just off the shelve wax's. Still, I guess more power to them if they find someone gullible enough to pay that much.

Hey... 4 wheel disk brakes too!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I see horse trading is still alive and well in Texas :D
This dealer would try and sell you a hat with a hole it it and tell you " you need more sun " :shock:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed the seller a few days ago and asked him to specifically describe each option. Would you beleive I received no response. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts