Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago I had the oil changed in Mouse, and it's been extra-noisy on the freeway since, and braking has been a little odd. Today I had to get gas and per usual, I checked the tire pressure.

They were 70psi, higher than their sidewall rating!! I drove it straight to the dealer where I had the oil change and made them fix them on the rack.

Very annoying since I specifically instructed that that car not be washed or have the tires messed with at that oil change.

·
Registered
569 Posts
All the more reason to change your oil yourself. I just got my Pela 6000 today and will be trying it out soon. How could they put 70psi in your tires? I can't see anyone being that incompetent. That had to be done intentionally. Did you piss someone off there? I've had Honda take air out of my tires, which I keep at around 48psi, but they have never put air in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would change my oil but I don't have a lift or ramps. well that and I'm lazy :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Then there you are, you will just have to cope with dealership screw ups. Rhino Ramps cost $30 at Walmart. Oil changes are easy and give you a reason to learn about your car. The money you save can be put to good use somewhere else. Not to mention the time you actually save by not having to return to the dealership because of their mess ups. They could have just as easily not tightened the oil filter correctly. This has happened to me in the past, luckily I caught it before my engine was damaged.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
While 70psi seems a bit high, was that a hot pressure? I've seen 65+ psi when checked hot from a ~50psi cold inflation.

·
Registered
75 Posts
funny....my dealer dropped my air tire pressure to 32psi on all 4 tires at my last oil change....even put it on the invoice like idiots....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts