Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice to see it's at that show. I was at the North American International Auto Show (in Detroit) and the Insight wasn't there :?

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys:

___When speaking with the Honda reps at the Media event (notoriously tight lipped about everything and were almost useless imho), they did give away a few clues as to the future of the Insight. I had always assumed that Honda’s “Safety for Everyone” campaign would take down the Insight due to lack of side and side curtains. The product rep(s) I spoke with said the Insight, NSX, and S2000 are not necessarily part of this campaign and that the Insight’s near term future should not be considered critical. What I received/felt was they were hinting at another year or more of Insight production. I don’t know why as the discussions were very non-specific but none-the-less, they sure made it seem like the Insight has at least another year although I am still scratching my head as to the how’s and why’s?

___The 06 Civic presentation for those of us that care about fuel economy and emissions was a complete bust. Other then the press release and media hype of the i-VTEC based 200 HP 2.0 L for the Si, there was absolutely nothing said or implied (only a 2 door coupe and 4 door here in the states) that gave anyone at the event a clue as to what was coming in the 06 Civic’s. The i-VTEC alone is worth at least another 10% in the FE department over the ancient by comparison std. VTEC’s currently in the EX/LX but that doesn’t make the current 51 mpg HCH w/ its 1.3 L i-DSI and a 5-spped stick achieve 65 mpg no matter the pack or ICE size even after including the more efficient Accord based IMA and HVAC functions unfortunately.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3emaxjen][email protected][/email:3emaxjen]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
correct. this is the same as the 04's. the manual says its for a child safety seat, but I think its cool

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Joe Griffo said:
Nice to see it's at that show. I was at the North American International Auto Show (in Detroit) and the Insight wasn't there :?
I was just about to mention that.

I even bothered the Honda lady about it. While she seemed fairly knowledgable and a little interested in the Insight, she basically said that Honda no longer was interested in anything to do with the car. They are more concerned with the Civic and Accord.

I told her how happy I was with my Insight, and I had hoped that they would continue to produce a car along those lines. But it doesn't sound like there's much chance of any super high mileage hybrids from Honda any time soon.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Hi TheCitrusSmoothie:

___Yes, that is basically why I was at the Honda Worldwide presentation yesterday. What Honda released however was worthless in regards to our concerns (FE, Emissions, and details). The item we know is that the i-VTEC will be used across the line other then possibly the HCH. Whether they i-Vtec’ed a 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, or even a 2.0 for the EX/LX, if they wanted to match the Prius II/Corolla in the 0 - 60 performance arena, it will improve the Fuel economy of the exact ICE size it is replacing by ~ 10%. It will not however increase any of the HCH’s ICE choices enough to get anywhere near Insight type FE numbers let alone the fact that the Insight is already ~ 2 seconds to 60 faster then the HCH already.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:y6ef6rlt][email protected][/email:y6ef6rlt]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just bumping this thread back up. I returned to the North American International Auto show in Detroit again this year and what did I see, a new red insight :D

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The Insight is still a crowd stopper if my experience means anything. Honda should still continue to display it if for no other reason than to show that they actually make three hybrids and have been selling hybrids in North America since 1999!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts