Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
dont smoke in the car? flick your bic? :twisted: i guess you could replace the DC outlet with a real lighter. or get one and mount it under the dash. personally, i vote for the dont smoke option.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, my vote too. I know this wasn't what you were asking for, but not smoking is the choice.... :wink:

·
Registered
473 Posts
About halfway down on this page is a lighter made to plug into the outlet you already have. Given this, I'm guessing the wiring and fusing on that outlet is heavy enough to support a lighter, and you should be able to get one at any number of places. If you want to play it safe though, you could order this one.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/insight.html

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Not that this will help, but UK and Japanese Insights get cigarette lighters as standard (instead of the 12V accessory socket). I remember that Honda also sell / sold, as an optional accessory a 'cute' little circular ashtray that fits in one of the cup holders...

If you smoke and drive, avoid brushing the headliner - it burns! I gave up on 1st of January.. but they are still a beautiful thing :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts