Honda Insight Forum banner

Citrus #2139

6K views 67 replies 14 participants last post by  Balto 
#1 ·
Good evening everyone! It's finally time to revive citrus 2139! I have been busy lately, but I finally have the time to get to this. I'll be posting about this over the weekend fairly consistently, and I'll update this post with more info later, but as of right now.

TLDR: it has a spun rod bearing and I'm replacing/resealing engine.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Here is the donor car.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Reserved for more stuff/pics.

And it's out! Not had at all to do this... When you have a 2 post lift and all the tools. I commend @CherryBomb for doing it on the ground, I do not possess such strength.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Car

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Cleaned the engine off. Before and after pics below.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim

Attachments

#8 ·
I'll pull the oil pan for you today after I have it out and take some pics. If I could post a video, I would, it sounds awful haha.

#10 ·
So the first order of business today is to remove wheels, control arms, front shocks/springs, rotors, brakes, rear shocks and springs, engine and transmission. I'll post throughout the day on progress.

#18 ·
Engine is ready to come out now... Prepare for a follow up pic in a few!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Pollution Auto part

Picture is worth a thousand words ;).

Brown Wood Font Red Hardwood

Also, gonna need these stronger axles to handle LiBCM. (jk, but for real lemme know when the RevD boards are ready, gonna need one for this car).

Reactions: mudder
#21 ·
Too many...

Anyway, nothing really to report. I'm just resealing the engine. I don't think it will be starting tomorrow, but who knows. I still have a lot of work to do.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Engineering Gas Auto part

#23 ·
Yea you kinda have to do it when you swap an engine anyway.

There won't be much progress today. Yesterday there was 25mph winds with 55-60mph gusts and I suffered through it, but it's the same song and dance today so I'm really not feeling it. Gonna work solely inside the shop, so the engine will be 100% resealed and ready to go in for next weekend. This gives me a chance to pickup some parts I somehow forgot to buy(like rotors and pads? Wtf am I thinking).

#33 ·
Finally some updates! Last weekend I didn't really do much. I just got the engine reseal finished, the clutch, and ultimately the transmission reassembled so it's ready to go in. However this weekend is the weekend! I washed the underside of it's 22 years of grime and just got finished installing GAZ rears and Scotts rear springs.

Up next is engine bay itself cleaning, and then engine install!

Before
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive parking light Motor vehicle

After!
Tire Wheel Hood Vehicle Car

Engine and trans together!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Engineering Auto part

And last but not least, GAZ and springs!
Wood Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Auto part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.