Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Finally found a rare Citrus in excellent condition.

Honda Insight | eBay

Very nice, early VIN car with dealer installed A/C.

Description lacks HV battery condition, so if you are looking at it, make sure to ask seller. IMO, at this price point it should have a documented recent HV battery. But why say you specialize in these cars, then say you are afraid to wash a hybrid car. Seriously?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on IMA yet but will call Honda

As far as engine I rarely wash them down. I've sold over 40 of these in the last 8 years so that is why I say I specialize in them but I also sell Prius, Escape, Focus, boats, Harley, scooters, RV's, etc. I once sold a tow truck to someone in Hawaii. But,,, I just love this car which is why I say that. I may end up keeping it but really just testing the waters. I own 4 other Insights so may sell one of those to keep this who knows. I favor blue actually. But if a new buyer wants to blast away with a garden hose because they feel a bit of dust on the motor is horribly wrong then be my guest. I just avoid this is all.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
As far as engine I rarely wash them down. I've sold over 40 of these in the last 8 years so that is why I say I specialize in them but I also sell Prius, Escape, Focus, boats, Harley, scooters, RV's, etc. I once sold a tow truck to someone in Hawaii. But,,, I just love this car which is why I say that. I may end up keeping it but really just testing the waters. I own 4 other Insights so may sell one of those to keep this who knows. I favor blue actually. But if a new buyer wants to blast away with a garden hose because they feel a bit of dust on the motor is horribly wrong then be my guest. I just avoid this is all.
How does the carpet and dash look under the mats? Battery history? Does it need anything to be 100%? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI on EBAY Citrus now for sale

Dash is perfect, will look at carpet under mats tomorrow but assume they are also and will dig a bit into IMA history by just calling honda with the vin, easy enough. Nothing is needed to make car 100% in my opinion but that does not mean I am selling a new 16 year old Insight, just a really nice one in the rarest color available in the US. I will have Scott look it over before the end of the Ebay sale though as he is the pro on these 1st Gen's.

·
3,641 Posts
Oh, I didn't know it was your car.
I reread your description, and now I see that you mention "IMA battery charges as it should."
GLWS

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Nice looking Citrus but that B.I.N. price is for a 50,000 mile car. Or maybe Cali prices are more than east coast prices and I should ship mine out there to sell, I don't know. And I've blasted the engine compartment with a pressure hose countless times without problems.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a citrus by all means ship it to Cali.

Citrus colored 1st Gen's are hot commodities here. Do you have one to send? I am always surprised by other Insight owners complaining about my prices yet I get within a few hundred dollars of my "high price" every single time. Have you followed my last 3 Insights on Ebay and all of the naysayers on my price?,,,all wrong of course and now all 3 are in their new owner's garages who could not be happier because they bought a rust free, oxidized free Insight in excellent condition, some with Scott approved upgrades. We should all be happy as heck if I get my price because that HELPS everyone in the Insight community don't you see? It is so plain to see yet I get so much crap for it. If I sell my house for 1 million tomorrow and you live next door in your $500,000 house will you be happy about this or sad? Will you give me crap or pat me on my back because now your own house value went up because I raised the curve a bit? Now if you do not own a 1st Gen Insight and cannot afford mine I get the haters BUT isn't this an Insight forum?

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Very well said. I couldn't agree more. The more you sell at the 'high' *cough* reasonable *cough* price, the more we get when we get in accidents and have proof they are worth more than what the insurance company thinks.

·
3,641 Posts
On the Anandtech.com For Sale/Trade sub forum there is a strictly enforced "no thread crapping" rule. It basically means if you don't have something positive to say, don't say it.

It definitely help to keep things a lot more civil.
BullDog, point made about thread crapping, but this was NOT posted in the For Sale/Trade section, rather it was posted in the eBay section where we normally post third party items or cars we find and think others may benefit from. OP didn't make it clear that he was selling a car. In fact his post was a bit misleading stating that [he] "found a nice citrus". Normally when members are selling a car, they just make a post in the For Sale section.

·
Super Moderator
414 Posts
BullDog, point made about thread crapping, but this was NOT posted in the For Sale/Trade section, rather it was posted in the eBay section where we normally post third party items or cars we find and think others may benefit from. OP didn't make it clear that he was selling a car. In fact his post was a bit misleading stating that [he] "found a nice citrus". Normally when members are selling a car, they just make a post in the For Sale section.
Yes, absolutely.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I meant to say is

I found a nice Citrus and bought it and am now or was advertising it on Ebay. So found is from a dealer's perspective which I am, sorry for the confusion. I just found out it has a brand new IMA dealer installed battery so pulled the ad off because I really want to keep it honestly so will sell a few of my red and silver and blue ones instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts