5,111 Posts
I know where one of them is!

Sam

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, the Google spreadsheet is all set up. Find the Citrus Registry here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LpfD9tMm5RZ1ALyxQwJTcxGl2E_FIS35By153U0FyXY/edit?usp=sharing

I know of a couple which are not divable at the moment. It seems to me that we want to just include the cars which are road worthy.

Please access the spread sheet and add the information for your car, your general location, and the other requested information. I have kept the spreadsheet deliberately vague, forcing all contact through PM on this site.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That link takes me to a login page. I entered my gmail account since that is all I have with google. Then it says I need owner's permission to access the page. Do I need to do another "sign up"?

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That link takes me to a login page. I entered my gmail account since that is all I have with google. Then it says I need owner's permission to access the page. Do I need to do another "sign up"?
I'm kinda dense at these Google spreadsheets. I may need to do something to make it public. I'll check. Patience please:(

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, one more time. I think I have made the database available to anyone who has the link, which would be everyone reading this thread. You may have to sign in to google, but probably not. Let's see how that works. More feedback please:)

jime

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
its viewable without signing in, but cannot edit or add anything.

Go to "File" > "Share" > Who can access > Change > Anyone with link > Can Edit

and also add that link to your first post, so when owners read the first post, they can go directly to it.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its viewable without signing in, but cannot edit or add anything.

Go to "File" > "Share" > Who can access > Change > Anyone with link > Can Edit

and also add that link to your first post, so when owners read the first post, they can go directly to it.

Thank you. I think I got all the buttons pushed according to your instructions. Try putting in your car now.

jime

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
I made some edits.

I think ALL cars should be here, including final disposition. We used a similar format to track the Integra Type R units. It has become a valuable database.

I'll add mine in a day or so :)

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the editing 02Insight. You made it look much better:)

We all need to encourage the citrus owners we know to enter their data.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made some edits.

I think ALL cars should be here, including final disposition. We used a similar format to track the Integra Type R units. It has become a valuable database.

I'll add mine in a day or so :)
I agree, it is best to include all cars - so long as condition is stated. It seems to me that one objective is to find how many cars are still serviceable. Such distinctions can easily be made in the comments line. Some non-serviceable cars are being restored or converted to EV. Such entries would enrich the database.

Do we have an issue with the full VIN? Is there a security issue? I see a couple of folks have not included the complete number. Since we are talking cars all manufactured in the same year and in the same facility, I suppose a more limited sequence uniquely identifies the car. In fact, it looks like the last 6 digits of the VIN were reserved to identify an individual car. There were about 18,000 Insights produced, so that would seem to require at least 5 digits. Some who knows better can straighten me out on this question;)

A last plea. Those who know where some of the cars are located, even parted out cars, please help contribute as best you can. Some cars have probably been crushed by now, and those units will not likely be identified unless someone know one of the owners. Some detective work required:)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Do we have an issue with the full VIN? Is there a security issue? I see a couple of folks have not included the complete number. Since we are talking cars all manufactured in the same year and in the same facility, I suppose a more limited sequence uniquely identifies the car. In fact, it looks like the last 6 digits of the VIN were reserved to identify an individual car. There were about 18,000 Insights produced, so that would seem to require at least 5 digits.
The only issue is that we're too lazy to type out the entire VIN.

You should add a field for AC

·
7,185 Posts
I hope I can add a Citrus of my own to the registry at some point. :(

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope I can add a Citrus of my own to the registry at some point. :(
There is what appears to be a decent one down in the Bay area of CA. See the "shameless commerce" section below. Pictures look nice. Maybe you could sell two of your vast holdings and buy the Citrus.;)

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Citrus Registry

The Citrus Registry is gaining speed rapidly. Get your Citrus included before the big rush;)

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see some confusing numbering in the Citrus Registry. The 2000 model year Citruses seem to run as high as 5450 or so. Were all the numbers in the sequence used? Were the numbers sequential? I'm pretty sure there weren't that many imported to U.S.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts