Honda Insight Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Checks out on Carfax and AutoCheck

I thought that number was kinda high too. However, I checked out JHMZE1353YT005420 on AutoCheck and Carfax, and it is legit. I do know the majority of G1 Insights were sold in the first couple of years.

Just my 0.02 worth,
Tim

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
JHMZE1379YT001051 from last poster shows 492 miles on 07-14-2004. Was it stored the first 4 years? Was it sold new in 2004? Odd.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I think a lot of Insights languished unsold on dealer lots, sometimes for years.

Or it could've been a futuristic display piece at a dealership...

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
#1051,
Just joined the forum 10 min ago, lol, but been lurking and looking for about a month.
Please click "User CP" above and edit your profile to include your general location. This helps everyone, including you, should you need hands on assistance at some point.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Whoa! Didnt know this was a thing. Added mine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If anyone ever organizes a US Citrus Insight gathering, I AM GOING. Someone said there were less than 300 made. There are very few listed in the spreadsheet. At 700 miles a tank, that's like 4 fillups even if the gathering is across the nation.

I bet those in OZ get together all the time, as there is only 4 and it's kind of a small country.

Hope to see you all one day.

-Randy

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
If anyone ever organizes a US Citrus Insight gathering, I AM GOING. Someone said there were less than 300 made. There are very few listed in the spreadsheet. At 700 miles a tank, that's like 4 fillups even if the gathering is across the nation.

I bet those in OZ get together all the time, as there is only 4 and it's kind of a small country.

-Randy
Got two in my driveway, I'd be down for that.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Two in my driveway, too. I'm in!

Sam

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I'm in. Two in my garage. SCCA says Olatha, KS is center of the nation;)

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #135

·
Premium Member
355 Posts

-Randy
Hi israndy - thanks for thinking of us here in Oz (I assume that's what you meant) but you're going to be disappointed. Insight owners in Australia do not get together all the time - despite the small numbers.:confused: Much less the citrus owners. Btw, there were 7 citrus Insights brought into Australia - all 2001 models.

So far as I know, there has never been a G1 Insight gathering in Australia. There's only about 45 in total here and i hardly ever see another. I think I may be the only Insight owner currently active on IC.

Btw - Australia's population is relatively small (about 25million - although mostly concentrated in a few cities. Melbourne, where I live, has almost 5 million.) but geographically large. Even if there were several Insight owners interested in getting together, most would probably have a long way to travel making it very difficult to organizes. Sad, but I can't see it happening. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Way too soon? I think with batteries it's gonna be more about time, not miles. A grid charger is just to balance the pack so that you are not damaging some cells that get to full or empty before the rest of the pack. The grid charger takes a weekend to fill the pack, so the full too soon batteries will not overheat, just a slight amount of heat for a weekend vs the amount of heat that would happen going down a mountain pass from zero to full in 10 minutes.

If the citrus Insights are getting together, I am gonna need a new driver's wheel skirt. There is something to be said for meeting at the exact center of the nation, and then there is the cultural center of the nation. Might be worth seeing stuff other than identical cars when meeting. Also, if everyone is from California or everyone is from New England meeting in the middle is silly. We should find everyone's location and then find the center of *those* locations. And then find something interesting to see NEAR that center.

Do people own two citrus Insights so one can be a parts car? How do you drive two Insights to a gathering?

-Randy

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
There is something to be said for meeting at the exact center of the nation, and then there is the cultural center of the nation. Might be worth seeing stuff other than identical cars when meeting. Also, if everyone is from California or everyone is from New England meeting in the middle is silly. We should find everyone's location and then find the center of *those* locations. And then find something interesting to see NEAR that center.[
Yeah, Some of those thoughts occured to me as I was writing about Olatha. It doesn't have a lot to offer. BUT, just up the road is St. Louis. It has the Gateway Arch National Park, just reopened and Arthur Bryant's BBQ, a national institution:

https://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/

Bryant's is actually in Kansas City, just across the river, so still handy.

As you point out, there probably isn't a geographic center of the Insight population, but this would be close nearly as I can see. There are lots of Insights in both the east and the west, though the location would certainly be up for discussion. It is too late in the year and too many unknowns to plan one this year, but we could start planning one for the spring. Heck, we might even get highwater to attend since he would be fairly close.

Do people own two citrus Insights so one can be a parts car? How do you drive two Insights to a gathering?

-Randy
I think you loan your second one to an Insight friend;)

Seriously, I suspect we'd want to allow any Insight but just keep the emphasis and chat on Citruses. JMHO.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
There is something to be said for meeting at the exact center of the nation, and then there is the cultural center of the nation. Might be worth seeing stuff other than identical cars when meeting. Also, if everyone is from California or everyone is from New England meeting in the middle is silly. We should find everyone's location and then find the center of *those* locations. And then find something interesting to see NEAR that center.
Yeah, Some of those thoughts occured to me as I was writing about Olatha. It doesn't have a lot to offer. BUT, just up the road is St. Louis. It has the Gateway Arch National Park, just reopened and Arthur Bryant's BBQ, a national institution:

https://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/

Bryant's is actually in Kansas City, just across the river, so still handy.

As you point out, there probably isn't a geographic center of the Insight population, but this would be close nearly as I can see. There are lots of Insights in both the east and the west, though the location would certainly be up for discussion. It is too late in the year and too many unknowns to plan one this year, but we could start planning one for the spring. Heck, we might even get highwater to attend since he would be fairly close.

-Randy
I think you loan your second one to an Insight friend;)

Seriously, I suspect we'd want to allow any Insight but just keep the emphasis and chat on Citruses. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
After seeing all the great guys on here with two citrus psrked in the driveway. I am resolute the next citrus that has nothing wrong with it that comes up for sale for $600 it's my baby!i've got a fever and there's only one prescription ! i've got a fever and there's only one prescription – gotta have more citrus "baby'!

121 - 140 of 148 Posts