Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I live in europe, belarus country. Got hybrid last summer, everything was ok, untill i stopped driving the car due to a small body repai (some scratches). The thing is that the car was sitting in the shop for almost 2 months...

Now i have the standard problems.... P1558 and P1600, I pulled out the battery and found couple of dead cell packs, bought form long island guy on ebay replaced them cahrged, now battery shows 7.2-7.8V only 2 packs show 6,8V> overall voltage is 130v, I PUT IT back in, BUT THE CAR STILL shows IMA. Please help me what to do next?
Honestly my charger is really slow and it took 2 weeks to charge packs.
My question is what is the minimal voltage should i get to make the hybrid running and charge the pack. Or can i start driving it, and may be it will cahrge it itself, since there are no dead packs now.

I really appreciate any help on this topic!!! Thanks

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hi,

I live in europe, belarus country. Got hybrid last summer, everything was ok, untill i stopped driving the car due to a small body repai (some scratches). The thing is that the car was sitting in the shop for almost 2 months...

Now i have the standard problems.... P1558 and P1600, I pulled out the battery and found couple of dead cell packs, bought form long island guy on ebay replaced them cahrged, now battery shows 7.2-7.8V only 2 packs show 6,8V> overall voltage is 130v, I PUT IT back in, BUT THE CAR STILL shows IMA. Please help me what to do next?
Honestly my charger is really slow and it took 2 weeks to charge packs.
My question is what is the minimal voltage should i get to make the hybrid running and charge the pack. Or can i start driving it, and may be it will cahrge it itself, since there are no dead packs now.

I really appreciate any help on this topic!!! Thanks
P1558 is a problem with one of the temperature sensors in the battery. Email me directly and I'll reply with a PDF of the testing steps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hybrid battery reapir

P1558 is a problem with one of the temperature sensors in the battery. Email me directly and I'll reply with a PDF of the testing steps.
Hi, thank you very much for responding. Also 130V is it enough to show any charge?

or probably because of temp sensor it does not allow to run the system?
But where do i get your email address?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hi, thank you very much for responding. Also 130V is it enough to show any charge?

or probably because of temp sensor it does not allow to run the system?
But where do i get your email address?
You will not see any charge, because the car must apply a forced charge to test the battery to determine its' capacity and state of charge. With the failed temp sensor circuit, the car will not perform this test and will never show anything on the gauge. It doesn't mean the battery is empty, just that the car does not know what is in there.

My email address is on my website in the contact us page, but I'll include it here: [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts