Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone besides me think the Civic Hybrid instrument cluster looks terrible? I wish it was more in line with how the Insight's is, with a nice amber "easy on the eyes" look to it. I was interested in purchasing the Civic Hybrid because I want a more conventional looking car, until I saw the dash and then it was a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You don't like it? I really would prefer the blue.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I too prefer the civic hybrid's blue vs the Insight's amber....easier on the eyes...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I dislike the Hybrid Civics cluster, though it would be nice to have an Insight cluster in blue. Not that I specifically don't like the amber, but blue is less harsh in that dawn or dusk period when you can't decide whether to dim the cluster or not.

The Hybrid Civic cluster will obviously not switch between miles/kilometers since it's an analog cluster, and for me that's a big deal. I prefer to drive in miles since I find the FCD creeper to be much easier to understand. Also, people know what "miles per gallon" means, but still have issues with "litres per 100 kilometers".

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
The new Civic has a 'dual zone' dashboard, with the important figures just in your periphery vision at the top of the dashboard...in blue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 'dual zone' dashboards standard on all Civics and the UK press releases have announced that the trip computer is also standard. That should almost guarantee the US getting standard trip computers as well. It makes the most sense to use one part for all the cars, and what would they fill the space with anyway? With the economics of scale, it won't cost very much to add and will make the car seem even more modern and up-scale.

Hopefully they'll still make the HX trim (lean burn engine), the real-time readouts will be a huge boon to getting better mileage in it. I wouldn't mind a Civic that got effortless 40s (with blown up tires and mobile 1 oil) that could also go into the 50s with effort. It would be the most inexpensive car to run most likely.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you all nuts? Blue is easier on the eyes than amber? OMG has the world gone upside down?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Resist said:
Are you all nuts? Blue is easier on the eyes than amber? OMG has the world gone upside down?
Haha, seduced by the 'luxury' effect of blue LEDS. :D

The Civic hybrid's instrument cluster looks nicer, but in use, the Insight's is more functional for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Prius instruments freaks me out, I just don't like having it in the center of the console and nothing in front of the driver.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And who was talking about the Prius instrument cluster? I'm comparing the Insight to the Civic Hybrid cluster. Although I personnally like the Pruis cluster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts