Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace OEM radio in a 2002 with a Honda radio/cd player. I can't find the thread now, but I recall finding some in the past indicating that Civic, Odyssey, and S2000 radios could work in Gen 1. In the S2000 line, I am seeing two distinct styles listed on ebay: one all pushbutton, and another that has two rotary knobs. Any reason why they wouldn't both work? Also, the Civic faceplates have two square corners on bottom and two rounded corners on top. Must these be modified, or do they really fit very well at all?

·
3,641 Posts
Either AP1 or AP2 S2000 radio will work. Unsure about Odyssey, but I wouldn't chance it. Civic will work but you're looking at wrong year with the round corners.
In addition to S2000, Civic Si, Acura RSX...and possibly CRV will work. These have Amber backlight, to match rest of instruments.
Caution: these are code protected, so if seller doesn't provide 4 digit code, you will have to get it from dealer. I don't know if it is problematic, but may also need the car's VIN to obtain this.
Oh, and the CRV model does not have the clock on the radio display...CRV clock was on top of dash.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Odyssey 1 DIN radio will work, assuming it's from the same age range. Keep in mind, you may need an unlock code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts