Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I am beating this dead horse, but I am now suffering the jerking problem. I only experience it while maintaining a steady speed (whether it's 35mph or 55 mph). No major problems with acceleration. I have left my car with the dealer twice, first time they replaced my oxygen sensor, DC-DC converter and the 12 volt battery. Still have the same jerking. Second visit after they have my car for two days they tell me there is nothing wrong with my car!
I checked the air filter looked alright, but I will replace just in case its "an easy fix"

So I think I need to order a new gasket for the EGR valve? Any other quick pointers or advice from the others that have suffered through this problem...
I love my Insight and just want it to run right, its the first cool car I've ever had.
Thanks-

·
Registered
82 Posts
EGR valve cleaning

Cleaned my EGR valve today...had heavy carbon buildup around the plunger...scraped approximately .020 inch of carbon off surfaces. If you clean valve, be sure to check this; if it is black, try scraping with a small sharp object, if black filings come off then clean off all remaining carbon.
Original gasket was still good so I reused it. I have 132k on my car and having the herky-jerky effect while driving under load in 75-80 mpg range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts