Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered if any of you could confirm....there are super cheap pedal pads that fit 25 years of Civics and Accords, but for some reason the listings say NOT COMPATIBLE with Insights. I can't imagine that this is true....tempted to just grab a set for the Civic and hope it fits, surely they didn't use different pedal pads. I cross referenced the part numbers, and they are different, but it's just bewildering that they use a different pedal pad.

Anyone have intel on this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
Yeah, Majestic shipping&packing will kill ya :(

I buy a lot of small, one off stuff at the dealer. In total the small orders are usually cheaper.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Wondered if any of you could confirm....there are super cheap pedal pads that fit 25 years of Civics and Accords, but for some reason the listings say NOT COMPATIBLE with Insights. I can't imagine that this is true....tempted to just grab a set for the Civic and hope it fits, surely they didn't use different pedal pads. I cross referenced the part numbers, and they are different, but it's just bewildering that they use a different pedal pad.

Anyone have intel on this?
I tried one of the pedal pads from my '88 CRX and while it does look to be a match it turns out that the metal pad of the Insight is thicker than the metal pad on the CRX. That results in the rubber pad not being able to stretch over the Insight metal pad and it comes off right away.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
33 Posts
Similarly, my insight came with awful aftermarket pedal covers. I snagged a set of Jazz/Fit covers from a scrapyard, but they're not a great fit. They sort of hang on, but not well, the Insight pedals are too thick as others have said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts