Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Honda just replaced my battery pack to the tune of $5,000 (no out of pocket for me, yay!). Unfortunately, however, they said the computer has a code 1607 which they say is a bad ECU and it's going to be $867 for the part plus installation and that isn't covered. They reset the codes several times and it keeps coming back.

What the heck is going on??? The car drives just fine. I'm getting 60-90mpg easy depending on driving conditions. There are absolutely zero concerns with usability except the silly light is on. So I'm not real keen on throwing a cool grand at it. In fact, the service manager said if it was his car he'd just ignore it and drive it. That's my near term intention but at the same time I'd really like to figure out what the deal is.

Any thoughts?? It's hard to believe the ECU is bad with the car running perfectly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hah! I picked the car up from the dealer today. They said, "We have good news for you." Turns out they found some emissions control issue that they were able to trace back to the computer. As a result, Honda is covering the full replacement cost.

Sweet! IMA system is also much more responsive with this new pack. Shoot, I was happy with the car the way it was when I bought it, never knew it could get better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts