Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, new to the insight world. Have a 2001 insight and would like to know if there is a coder reader most owners prefer? I would like to buy one, thanks, Scott.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
hello, new to the insight world. Have a 2001 insight and would like to know if there is a coder reader most owners prefer? I would like to buy one, thanks, Scott.
Search IC forum for the "OBDIIC&C gauge" specifically designed for reading the first gen Insight IMA system and OBD codes both plus more features.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Search IC forum for the "OBDIIC&C gauge" specifically designed for reading the first gen Insight IMA system and OBD codes both plus more features.

Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I don't know which one I need. I would think the more expensive one does more things, but don't know what or if I will need that. what do you recomend? Only had the car a few weeks. but plan to drive it 48 miles each way to work when new home is finished. thank you in advance, Scott.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
Personally, I think the OBDIIC&C is an indispensable tool for the Insight. For example, being able to monitor state of charge in real numbers, not just vague illuminated bars, helps you get the most out of the battery... It's really a tool for monitoring what your car is doing, with an emphasis on the IMA system, which other 'scan tools' don't do. On top of that you can read the standard OBDII codes - it does that automatically every time you turn the car on with the gauge plugged in...

So... I'd recommend the OBDIIC&C unless you've got about 0 dollars or you pay about zero attention to your driving, and what you're driving...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I will call and order one today, now I just need to look up what the different switches do, the car came with owners manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I will call and order one today, now I just need to look up what the different switches do, the car came with owners manual.
sorry, ment to type, the car cam with out owners manual. sent email to 150 mpg per phone call with Eli today, thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts