Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've just about made the decision to buy an insight, however, the only ones I can find are out of state, I live in Colorado and was wondering if there any owners who wouldn't mind me looking at their car. I was just hoping to get an idea of the interior space and if it's not asking too much, maybe get a ride in one to feel how it rides.

I live in Littleton and work in Boulder and have seen a few in passing during my commute, if anyone would be willing to help me out, let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
If I lived in Colorado, I would be more than willing to let you sit in it and even test drive it. Of course, you are lucky that I live in California. I am pretty bossy about telling people how to drive my Insight to preserve the 70+ mpg. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your quick responses, and thanks Mitch for helping me out.

I wish I was in california too at times, it's great out there, happy driving!

Mark

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
There are a lot of them in Colorado Springs. One nice thing about Colorado is that the air is thinner, which makes a significant difference in highway economy...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colorado MPG

Mark, you may alreay now from these forums that if you want the advertised MPG (over 60 lifetime), get a manual transmission. Manual transmission turns it in to a semi sports car because 2 and 3rd gears pack a punch.

Also CVT hybrids have not a clue about how to handle a big hill like up I-70. I get into fourth gear after Denver West and into third when the hill starts up right before C470. I don't get out of third untill over the top of Gennesee but I get over the top with 20-30% battery left. And I go 55-65 and I can pass when I need to with the battery's help.

Also you really do have to watch the speeding.

And you will learn to love light weight front wheel drive in the snow, assuming we will get snow in the future.

Downsides...350 lb. interior weight limit no problem for most ones, but many combinations of two will be over that and you don't want to overload it because the suspense gets mushy and bottoming out is possible at high speeds. It doesn't like potholes either.

It is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The S mode may help the CVT over big passes, just like shifting down to a lower gear in the five speed. Have not had much discussion here of this possibility, though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts