Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'd like to begin this thread with a big thank you to all the Community members and Moderators who have posted news items here! Thanks to you, we haven't had to update InsightCentral.net's front page as often as in the past, and this has become the place to turn for Insight-related news. :)

I am also pleased to report we finally posted our interview with Larry Jensen, a Community member who passed the 350,000 mile mark early last year.

Please read the full interview, which includes Larry's maintenance tips and describes the issues he has encountered over the years. Also featured is a picture of another high mileage Community member, Bill Tapan, who clocks in at 320,000+ miles (and sadly is having some issues with his Insight at the moment). Congrats to both!

Are you also a high mileage Insight owner? Let us know! Please also feel free to comment on the interview and post questions for our highmilers in this thread.

Benjamin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, UP to 390,000 miles now. We have replaced one ball joint on the passenger side. struts and springs are still Ok.
I don't think there are any more noises than origional. It is not a super quite car and you can hear the front end if you have the radio and fan off, especially in auto stop taking a small turn.
We have replaced the serpentine belt once . Probably ready for new plugs again in the spring. I think I may change the wires at that time too. Will be almost 9 years old so may be ready.
, but that has always been there.
Just had to order hatch struts. Slammed them on a box in the cold and it leaked.

Thanks, larry

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts