Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of where I can find information or purchase equipment that allows me to interface my Insight with my laptop so I can get a read out of all the stats of the engine, mpg, etc.?

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
I have the OBD2 software and cables that are suggested here, While the obd reader does a nice job with the emmission and some performance information, the MPG and other IMA related info is not read by the system. I have not explored if more features have been included in the last year, so best to go to the webpage to see if things have changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't look like anything was updated since 2004 and the "help" section says that they're closed for the summer.

Know of any other similar products available?

·
Registered
16 Posts
is there any software that can diagnose the IMA problems? for problems like o2 sensor and stuff like that, you can practically use any scanner. for some reason i thought software like that could help me diagnose problems with the IMA. i did the TDC thing where you ground pin 9 in the obdii port, and doesnt show that the battery cells are bad, so i guess thats a good thing. think i narrowed it down to something wrong with the MCM. gonna take it apart n look for the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Its a common misconception that a code = a failed part. Often this is the case, but not always. The real diagnosis still is done between your ears. The software you need is an extensive automotive background with heavy emphasis on reading about and understanding each system and how it works.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
not really. if you know how to follow the flowcharts in the service manual you can figure out which part or the system is malfunctioning. this is without having any knowledge of exactly "how" each part works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts