Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As always, I am looking for constructive criticism about the 2018 version of InsightFest as well as ideas for what else to include that wasn't there this year.

Hopefully the feedback can be used to improve not only InsightFest, but get ideas for other local enthusiast meetups as well.

I have pretty thick skin, and I truly want these events to be what the community wants. So fire away.

From my perspective overall things went well. For instance, I didn't have to make a claim on the event insurance policy nor break up any heated arguments. :)

If you don't want to post publicly, feel free to send me an email or call me. [email protected]. 608-729-4082 If you want to remain anonymous you could always send feedback via an anonymous email service like Guerrilla mail

Some possible areas of improvement and other ideas off the top of my head
- More tables for buy/sell
- parking so all cars can be onsite
- Earlier commitments from folks willing to do sessions
- Include all meals (this would likely increase registration price)
- Hire someone to make/coordinate said meals
- specific time set aside for organized group photo
- get a K20 engine swap at the event
- get Peter Perkins to come
- have awards certificates for various categories
- microphone for some sessions if room is too loud
- semi private/private room for Saturday dinner

So what else have you guys got for me?

·
Administrator
10,810 Posts
- get Peter Perkins to come
Ha ha. well I was planning a trip this year but fell foul of the NHS system in the UK.
Next year perhaps. Might have the BCM Replacer ready by then......

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had no idea about where and when it was until now, tried googling it a few months ago but only one link came up with the question of where and when it is but no answer. On a website called insightcentral there should be a huge banner months in advanced displaying where and when it is along with a link to more information and pictures of past events. insightFest needs way more hype.

Roger

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
How about a new location..this time move it closer to the center of east coast,,your way up the top of east coast and it cuts most out from North Carolina down.

·
Registered
429 Posts
How about a new location..this time move it closer to the center of east coast,,your way up the top of east coast and it cuts most out from North Carolina down.
Set it up and people will come.

Eric has it in Madison because that's where he lives.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Where can I find more information about next year's InsightFest? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of there is an event it will likely be posted in the Events section of InsightCentral.

Anyone is free to organize the event. I'd be happy to share any of the resources I have with you. So if someone like Honda hybrid wants to organize it in his town that'd be great. I'll contribute effort where I can.

But if I organize it, it will likely be in Madison during the summer again. I'm open to other locations if someone does all the research in organizing and securing it. Not something I wish to do from afar.

Some topics of focus will be:
K-swap Insights - more powerful Honda engines put into Insight)
Lithium Insights - various projects of swapping in lithium pack into Insights
Bypassing IMA - running the car without the battery pack and keeping dash lights off.
Upgrades for Insights
Whatever else you want

·
Super Moderator
7,313 Posts
I think that many folks don't recognize the tremendous difficulty of organizing a national level event. One of the major sticking points to a centrally located national event is gaining access to a proper venue - a shop with lifts. What we really need is someone in a central location, something like St. Louis or Kansas City who can deliver a venue. As I recall, Olathe, KS is supposed to be the geographic centroid of the country, but anything within 300-400 miles would probably be considered "central."

And don't forget the event insurance to cover the owner's risk;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts