Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else out there noticed corrosion around the pocket on the machined face of the wheels on their Insight?

Seam strange that it has only happened on the rear wheels.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Mark:

___I haven’t seen it yet but in my locale, it’s usually only a matter of time. They salt the roads to death around the Chicago area anytime it snows and I don’t have a choice but to drive through it. Fortunately, no corrosion of the wheels faces so far.

___Do they salt the roads in your area or do you live near the coast?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:z2jywjcq][email protected][/email:z2jywjcq]

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi,

my oem wheels are ok for now but I have winter rims ($40 each,civic steel rims and winter tires). The steel rims are rusted though.

Are your alu wheels leaking air. I had that and had to have them sanded inside where the rubber meets the rim. And the tires reinstalled.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do salt the roads, but surely the laquer should be up to everyday driving!!!!!

The corrosion is only on the edges of the pockets, where the laquer is at it thinnest.

I am talking to Honda to find out if they will sort it under warranty.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Wax your wheels (front and back), it will help I'm sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Mark

We have only had our Insight four and a half months but when we bought it the wheel nut covers (4) were in a bit of a state due to corrosion getting behind the lacquer the wheels themselves seem to be ok except one front one which has been curbed and has a bit of corrosion on the edge that protrudes past tyre wall

Our Insight has covered 41.5K miles on UK roads

Do you have the same problem with the wheel nut covers ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
My covers are also slightly corroded. But as it's only a cosmetical thing and my warranty has expired I don't mind.
I expected this to happen as the 83-88 Honda ciVic shuttle could be had with these kind of alloy-wheels and they also corroded in a similar way.
:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts