Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given the belly pan pictured below when I bought my 2000 MT Insight. For the first month or so I was cleaning and improving the car, giving little thought to the underside. This past weekend I decided to install the pan shown below, but for the life of me I can't see how it fits, or determine even if it's the right one for the car. At first I thought the two holes at the one end of the pan must mate with the aluminum brackets below the front facia, but they're 2-3" off, and even if they weren't it looks like the other holes don't line up with any other holes for screwing into the metal clips. Can anyone help with a picture, if this is even the right part? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Don't think thats the right pan. The front had 2 small black strip like panels on each side and the middle was kinda open. Everyone upgrades to Scott one panel design or make one out of Cora-last. KLR3CYL sell the full front pan with new hardware for 125.00 or so.

·
Super Moderator
7,944 Posts
I'm pretty familiar with the various plastic belly pans on the Gen1. I've never seen that part before, so I don't think it fits the Gen1. Someone must have gotten confused.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was beginning to lose my mind trying to figure out how this might fit. Scott's pan looks like a great option. I wish he made all the under pans out of aluminum. That would be pretty slick to have the entire underside fabbed in aluminum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts