Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Everyone -- my 2001 Insight has just under 50,000 miles on it. I haven't been able to get a definite cost on replacing the IMA from my local dealer... I hope I won't have to do this any time soon, but I would like to know how expensive it will be.
Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Currently you are covered by warranty so it would cost very little. By the time the warranty ends it may have been extended. If you aren't covered it would depend on the problem. If battery failure is caused by misbehaving electronics you may have to replace one or more module. Labour costs vary too. There is the option of installing a salvaged pack. The price on the battery pack may come down. After market options may become available. At the rate you are driving you might go for a decade without problems.

Given the variables, your dealer may not be able to quote you accurately and may therefore be hesitant to quote you a number. If you use the search function and read through the posts relating to this question you will learn what others have paid, but generally battery problems have been covered by warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts