Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$70 off and free install on Bridgestone tires.

Looks like 4 tires will ring up at $250 plus tax.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Pro tip: Skip the non-appointment 2+ hour wait and customer service headache and membership requirements you are forced into at Costco and have Discount Tire match the discount. I did exactly that for one of the $70 off discounts in the past. The Discount Tire person gave a call to Costco to get the final price and Discount Tire matched that. I didn't need to wait, I just came in when the tires arrived at Discount Tire and Discount Tire did quick work. I'm sure getting a competitors discount probably works with a bunch of tire places, I strongly recommend it, Costco's wait time to get your car worked on is a PITA.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Pro tip: Skip the non-appointment 2+ hour wait and customer service headache and membership requirements you are forced into at Costco and have Discount Tire match the discount. I did exactly that for one of the $70 off discounts in the past. The Discount Tire person gave a call to Costco to get the final price and Discount Tire matched that. I didn't need to wait, I just came in when the tires arrived at Discount Tire and Discount Tire did quick work. I'm sure getting a competitors discount probably works with a bunch of tire places, I strongly recommend it, Costco's wait time to get your car worked on is a PITA.
Nice. I think I'll give it a try today.

·
Registered
803 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
what is so good about a Costco purchase is the additional year of guarantee. Is there any difference or is any difference worth it?

·
Registered
803 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow. How’d you get a 120 discount????? That’s gravy. I’m ordering a set today!
I just clicked link. Hopefully it’s the same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I feel like a giddy teenager. I’m going to go home and kiss my wife like I’ve never kissed her before! Sweet! Thanks for posting! I went like last month and got quoted over 400.

·
Registered
101 Posts
what is so good about a Costco purchase is the additional year of guarantee. Is there any difference or is any difference worth it?
Well, think about this...if you go to Costco to shop it’s a one trip stop. I would even pay more than another place just because they don’t try to pull BS on you. It’s easy, they fill tires with nitrogen. Free balancing and rotation for the life of the tire. Hazard assurance; they will fix or replace tires free of charge. Their service, to me, is well worth it. Go shopping while they replace your tires, eat lunch. It’s just so much more convenient. It’s almost a no brainer.

·
Super Moderator
4,688 Posts
^+1. They've never done me wrong. It's easy, convenient, and consistent. And it doesn't always take two hours, especially if you make an appointment.

Sam

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered a set. It’s a little misleading. It’s actually only 70 dollars off the tires and discounting the installation price adding up to 129, not that plus one penny installation but still it’s a done deal. I’m happy. I ordered a set of Direzzas or Blizzaks for my RSX and paid 6-800 or more for a set.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Now Costco wants $103 per tire. :(

I'd like to see a permanent sticky "Current Best Deal on Potenza RE-92 Tires" thread.

Best deal I can find right now is $88 delivered without installation.
I need tires because they are dry-rotting. Oh, and a little bald. Like me! :)

P.S. I think we could un-sticky the US IMA warranty thread as we are three years past the expiration of the longest factory warranty.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Now Costco wants $103 per tire. :(

I'd like to see a permanent sticky "Current Best Deal on Potenza RE-92 Tires" thread.

Best deal I can find right now is $88 delivered without installation.
I need tires because they are dry-rotting. Oh, and a little bald. Like me! :)

P.S. I think we could un-sticky the US IMA warranty thread as we are three years past the expiration of the longest factory warranty.
"Current Best Deal on Potenza RE-92 Tires" just bringing this back to life did see that Bridgestone had a sale at the end of May that I missed. Best price I can currently find is $380.37 on eBay. Hope someone has found a better deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
PoySippi
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing