Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent $400 to have my EGR valve replaced because they had to cut it off. I didn't help a bit. If someone in Florida really knows the mechanics of their Insight, I'd like to drive to wherever this Saturday 6/11/05, and let you drive my car. 5 Speed manual. It's like the Assist lights up but doesn't do anything. It does seem to charge correctly. If you can help, please let me know. My email address is [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,609 Posts
Sat. drive

What do you mean "they had to cut the EGR valve off"?
I sent you a PM a while back suggesting you contact (jackmpg) in Venice Fla. and see if he was willing to help.
Go looking for help, don't expect help to come to you.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cut it off

It was on so tight that even with the right wrench, it got rounded off when I tried. Thank you for the rec. I couldn't remember his name. I'll look him up. Thanks again.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all good

I just wanted to say thanks to all who gave me advice on this. Turns out the paint needed scraping at the ground wires, ground wires needed to be replaced, the plugs needed regapping and the EGR was toast. It seems to be on the up and up as I keep using Chevron to clean it out.

Thanks again all :!:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.