Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Greetings Andrew,
Like you I'm a courrier. An insight has a lot of pluses and a few minuses for us.
The pluses are gas savings and parking in small spaces. I get about 63 mpg over the course of a tank. The best daily was 74.4 over 300 miles that was on a mild day making long driving segments. Today is the other side, mostly short runs in the LA heat (A/C on) and traffic and I'm getting 62.5 over 160 miles. Considering your current ride take your gas bill and cut it in half. The minuses are a Big repair every 2 years or so if like me you average 7500+ miles. this offset by some repair savings on the timing chain and alternator and brakes. The other issue is space. If you work is title and process you're fine if you doing print work you could have some problems.

·
Registered
77 Posts
bfivelover said:
kNOwtalent said:
The minuses are a Big repair every 2 years or so if like me you average 7500+ miles.
What "Big repair every 2 years" are you talking about :?: I've had mine three years and put over 100,000 miles on it, doing only the scheduled maintainance.
Greetings Bfivelover,
Im banking on replacing the IMA and BCM and ECM every 2 years based on the fact that I drive 7500 miles a month and an average failure rate at 150k miles. These numbers seem about average also the CAT will have to be replaced aswell. All in all my Geo metro would prolly cost less to opperate but It has 400k miles on it and things are going on it fast. My metro wont let me drive in the carpool lanes alone and my insight will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.