Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I am impressed at this site. I used to own the original king of MPG a 1991 CRX HF! I love that car but as fuel prices were low I got rid of it and bought a small truck. Now my frontier can get 30 mpg my personal best on a tank was 30.45 mpg. Now with gas prices here in Dallas hovering around $2.40 Gal. I am wondering if there is a better way. My questions are as follows

1. How many miles or years can the battery pack realistically last?

2. Can I expect to average almost 70 mpg with consevative driving(remember I had a HF so I know how its done best MPG in HF 65mpg)

3. Has anyone driven one over 200,000 miles? I'm betting the I can :)

4. Am I stupid for not considering this sooner?

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: It depends!

Wayne M said:
It depends!

1. How many miles or years can the battery pack realistically last?
Mine was 104,00 for a 2000 model. Seems the problem may be resolved in later models. Look for a 2003 or later.

2. Can I expect to average almost 70 mpg with consevative driving
My 'best mpg' so far averages about 55 - 60 depending on commute conditions. Also seems to be 85% uphill in GA :) Folks with modified cars / better technique can get more.

3. Has anyone driven one over 200,000 miles?
Yup, several folks are at or past 200k! Mine might get there some day.

4. Am I stupid for not considering this sooner?
Unlucky, maybe, stupid? Kinda doubt it. Courrier gig? Did that once myself, turned out to be just another scam for the company, no money in it for the drivers. That was costing $20+ a day when gas was just over a buck, in a Toyota pickup. :x

Well I have been in the industry for about 15 years and I do pretty well. Only 55-60 ??? Seems like to me that mods will do wonders for this car. As any Fellow DSM owner knows all to well 1992 Talon AWD not bad on MPG for a car than can do 4 sec 0-60 and 12 sec in the 1/4 as well as get 30 mpg on the highway :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.