1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
front looks like the new civics, rear looks like our insights...i want one :D

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I love it. Thanks for the link. I didn't realise before that the side lights were in the leading edge at the bottom of the bumper. I just wish Honda would hurry up and make it!

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Citrus Smoothie said:
I love it. Thanks for the link. I didn't realise before that the side lights were in the leading edge at the bottom of the bumper.
Those will not make the production version I bet. Too much chance of being broken by curbs and road debris.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Rai Ka said:
I wonder if we can request mods to cover up the rear wheels!

;)
Seriously. When Honda asserts that rear wheel skirts are good for adding 5mpg to the Insight's fuel economy, I don't understand why more cars don't have them. Sure, I can understand that many people don't like the look of them. But what is the harm in making rear wheel skirts a dealer option on ALL cars? I know that if I could have gotten rear wheel skirts on our Ford Focus wagon, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Besides, if more cars had rear wheel skirts, they wouldn't look so odd in the first place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think longer vehicles like minivans or hatchbacks would probably look ok with the covers. But it may look odd as a retrofit for a car. I think some car in the 80's (an old Oldsmobile? a Buick?) had those covers, and I have to admit it's not that appealing to me. Part of the problem is the designer did not use the wheel well covers as part of the design, but rather just a boxy outline that seems out of place. I'd imagine that a retrofit covers will probably look out of place as well for the CR-Z.

Having the wheel well cover be part of the original design helps, but the catch is that it looks terrible without it.

One thing that I think will turn people off about wheel well covers is that it's not so great during rainy days. I don't like driving very fast on wet roads, so it's no problem for me. However, for those who are impatient, the drag from the water splashing is probably annoying for some...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JimmyHiggins said:
What? The Insight didn't have a big enough blind spot?
I don't understand the comment. The windows extend almost all the way to the back of the car. I don't think any vehicles will be able to hide behind the little bit of metal that's between the side and the rear windows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts