Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I am not sure, lots of car makers are using Ali now and have been for a number of years [Jaguar, Audi to name two]. 2013 CR-Zs are using Lithiums now dont know how much it put the price up? So for me Honda missed a chance with the CRZ, turboing the old engine would have helped clean it up [look how many makers are using small capacity petrol turbo engines now] and would have upped the performance to the 1500 used in the CR-Z.
What I am saying is the gen 1 was a huge leap forward the CR-Z wasnt, as I say other opinions are welcome:cool:
Steel chassis kills any interest in the CRZ for me. I've had so many hondas run great but start rotting out from the bottom; kills resale value and makes maintenance super annoying.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well we have had a few months with the CRZ and its been a pleasure I will be servicing it this week at putting the correct 0/16 oil in it so then I will see if it can break 50 MPG, at the moment it wanders around 48 ish to the gallon with 5/30 in it

·
Registered
4 Posts
CR-Z's on this forum??

So.... are CR-Z's, owners and discussion welcome here? I've looked for CR-Z owner's groupd and all I found was the British one that seems more like holiday-camp scheduling group.

Ecstatic new owner of 2016 CR-Z which I personally regard as the current happy descendant of BOTH the G-1 Insight and the CRX.

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
Yes you're welcome.

CRZ discussions should go in the 'other hybrid' section of the forum.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Our CRZ is now is now returning 52 MPG on average, thats on a mix of town and motorways, it is a pleasure to drive and with its six speed gearbox its very quiet, I still think it is a suitable son of the Gen 1 apart from its steel and its engine is to big

21 - 26 of 26 Posts