Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel is crooked slightly when driving straight. The car does not pull though in any direction. My guess is that the car needs an alignment. When going at highway speeds though, the car feels kind of swirly. Could this be an alignment issue also?

Finally, how much does alignment affect MPG? I've had a best of 103 mpg in a 16 mile stretch and have had some 70 mpg runs. However, I struggle to get over 55 mpg consistently. Do you think my alignment is really affecting my potential?

Here is my info:
2001 Insight Manual
76,000 miles
Las Vegas, NV
all stock
50 psi all around on RE92 tires

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had the same problem before and it has returned recently. The first time I had an alignment done and the problem went away. It has returned for some reason so I need to have another alignment I am guessing. The first time was two years and many miles ago so I guess it's about time.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
An alignment check is a good maintenance every 20-30K miles or with every set of tires. Just make sure whatever shop you use will set it to the factory spec of 0 toe in. If they set it with any toe in this will adversely effect the mileage, otherwise it will only help it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts