Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only seen the two CC installations in the owners section of this site done in 2000 and wonder how much better it might be today. One question I have is why must I tear up the passenger side floor to get at a particular wire. Can't this wire be tapped somewhere else more convenient? Also, does one need a hoist to do this mod or will ramps suffice? I also wonder if any members have tried the SCS/Frigette unit? ($210 vs $215 Rostra)

·
Registered
702 Posts
would you be willing to post your answers here? im interested in the same thing

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only seen the two CC installations in the owners section of this site done in 2000 and wonder how much better it might be today. One question I have is why must I tear up the passenger side floor to get at a particular wire. Can't this wire be tapped somewhere else more convenient?
After all kinds of photo help and advice it appears that there has been a change between 2000 and 2006. The under floor wire used to come from an easily accessible sensor on top of the tranny under the hood but that sensor is gone and its port has a plug threaded into it. If I had had the time and knew then what I know now I would rather go thru hell than tap that under floor wire at the computer connector. So keep looking for an easier source. The damage you may do to yourself, carpet, and trim is not worth it.

Also, does one need a hoist to do this mod or will ramps suffice?[quote:2ozce123]

No hoist or ramps needed

[quote:2ozce123].I also wonder if any members have tried the SCS/Frigette unit? ($210 vs $215 Rostra)[quote:2ozce123]

No answers to this but the Rostra is awfully good. However, Rostra will not answer phone or email to help us.
[/quote:2ozce123][/quote:2ozce123][/quote:2ozce123][/u][/i][/b]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All

I installed a cruise control about 2 years ago and it is wonderful.
If I set it on reasonable flat terrain it tracks perfectly. No variation at all.

It did take me 4 months to work it out and build the different brackets.

It took me about 3 weeks alone trying many different pathways for the accelerator control cable.

The best place to pick up the speed pulses is from the power steering controller, it is easily accessible. It is on the right side wall of the right foot well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts