Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruise to Campo, Ca-November 15, 2014.

Campo, Ca is a small town on the Mexican boarder about an hour inland from San Diego. It also is the home to ICN member Willie. It is also the home to the Pacific Southwest Train Museum, Motor Transport Museum,The Gaskill Brothers Stone Store Museum, start of the Pacific Trail and a few other things.

I will be leaving the Ontario are at 7:30 from a Carl's Jr resturant, located near the 10 & 15 frwy. The Carl's is located on Jurupa Rd. just west of the 15 frwy.

The intended route is to take the 15 frwy south to the 8 east and then make the connection to Hwy 94/Campo Rd. The trip Dow is about 170 miles. The section of Hwy 94 is a winding old Hwy with quite a few elevation changes, it should make for a fun cruise, also it is quite scenic. The trip down with time for a couple of quick stops will probably take 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

Once in Campo, we would do lunch at one of the local eateries, talk cars and see if anyone would like to visit any of the museums, or let us know now if you have a preference in one of the museums.

I hope to have a caravan of cars going. If you live along the route and would like to join along the way let us know and we can have an approximate time & place where to meet. If you live in an area that is not along the route and would just like meet in Campo and have lunch and meet other Insighters please join us.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you would like to go please add your name to the list.

Scott

1. Willie
2. Scott-KLR3CYL (Killer3Cylinder)

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That sounds great.

I mapped from where I will be leaving to the Ontario ave. & 15 frwy and it will be about 25 minutes. Should be at that meet point 7:55 am.

1. Willie
2. Scott-KLR3CYL (Killer3Cylinder)
3. michael.brat

There may be others coming from Whittier & San Pedro areas. This would be a good meet point for them as well.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Think we will be done by 7PM? Because I got work at 11PM. If not I'll just request the day off in a couple hours when my boss wakes up.

Either way, I'm in.

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, very cool. Wish I were on the Left coast.
Bob, if you can make it I have a loaner car for you.:)

Balto, I don't know if we will be back by 7:00 PM, however if you can make it and need to leave to make it back by a certain time we will understand.

Grzpdlr, hope your busy schedule permits.

I have some other owner/enthusiast/friends that don't follow the forum that I have messaged that show an interest, as well.

1. Willie
2. Scott - KLR3CYL (Killer3Cylinder)
3. michael.brat
4. Balto
5. Grzpdlr-????

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Very generous offer Scott ! Thank you. Just not in the cards for me to get over there. I'll follow the thread to keep up on how it goes.

btw: sent a pm the other day, will resend.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Bob, if you can make it I have a loaner car for you.:)

Balto, I don't know if we will be back by 7:00 PM, however if you can make it and need to leave to make it back by a certain time we will understand.

Grzpdlr, hope your busy schedule permits.

I have some other owner/enthusiast/friends that don't follow the forum that I have messaged that show an interest, as well.

1. Willie
3. michael.brat
4. Balto
5. Grzpdlr-????
Yea I'll go regardless of what happens, I sent my boss a text, but he might be asleep he hasn't responded.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Hey Willie, do those museums cost any money to go to? I can't seem to find out by searching their website.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
They mainly rely on "Donations".

HTH
Willie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ocamp

Count me in. For those of you thinking about doing this trip, go for it. I've done this trip several times. Beautiful, picturesque drive through winding, rolling hills, studded with large rock formations, oak trees, desert plants, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Count me in. For those of you thinking about doing this trip, go for it. I've done this trip several times. Beautiful, picturesque drive through winding, rolling hills, studded with large rock formations, oak trees, desert plants, etc.
Dang, I really gotta get a grid charger before I go then, don't want to deal with the rolling hills and windy roads without assist.

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great Klinkenputzer's in. I received a text from another owner/enthusiast Mark that want to join us.

1. Willie
3. michael.brat
4. Balto
5. Grzpdlr-????
6. Klinkenputzer
7. Mark

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update,

1. Willie
2. Scott - KLR3CYL (Killer3Cylinder), my dad as a passenger
3. michael.brat
4. Balto
5. Grzpdlr- now confirmed
6. Klinkenputzer
7. Mark
8. SoCal80-Steven
9. Chris - friend of mine in one of my cars
10. Etronica - Phil

There are still a few more people checking there schedules.

Any others? Feel free to update the list. If you are along the route and want to join in let us know where the best place to meet you.

Scott

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
With Scott's permission:

Starting point:
4555 E Jurupa St. Ontario, Ca.........Not Riverside, Ca.

Ending point:
33530 Highway 94, Campo,Ca.
Ample parking space.
Map of Campo will be provided showing the location for food and 3 museums.

HTH
Willie

1 - 20 of 68 Posts